Forever After All...

The next day:

Sam's POV:

I wake up and turn on my music. I put on my clothes which are just a penny tee that says "need ham" and a pair of old torn up jeans with holes in the knees, while jamming to my country playlist. My hair is a mess, but I don't dare brush through the curls and exaggerate it. I'd rather leave it a mess than deal with the tangled mane. I throw a couple packs of fatcakes in my backpack and I head out the door. I walk to Carly's that way Freddie can drive us to school.

When I get there she greets "good morning!"

"Good morning!" I reply through a yawn, "Is Fredward ready?" I ask trying not to be obvious that I genuinely care.

I head to the kitchen and lean up against the counter.

"I haven't heard from him yet" she says.

"ehh" I say turning away form her and opening the cabinet. I grab a mug out and turn back to her.

"he was pretty upset last time I talked to him" I say, "have you heard from him at all?" I ask and turn away grabbing a Keurig pod from the revolving stand on the counter.

"yes, he said he was coming to get us, but that's it" she continues, "what did you do to him Sam?"

I keep myself turned away as I fill the coffee maker with water, place my mug on it, put the Keurig pod in, and start the brew. I keep quiet and don't answer, because I really don't want to explain the situation.

Silence fills the room and the only sound that can be heard is the coffee brewing.

Carly breaks the silence and states "that bad, huh?"

"yeah" I reply still avoiding eye contact.

The coffee finishes brewing and I pour some creamer in my mug and stir it. "It's complicated," I tell her. I lift the mug to my face and take a sip.

"You know you can tell me anything?" she replies as I take another sip. Before the conversation can get anymore detailed and before she can ask anymore questions Freddie walks in.

Freddie's POV:

I walk into Carly's apartment and see Sam standing in the kitchen sipping a cup of coffee, hair a mess, in a t-shirt and ripped jeans and she is beautiful. I can't help but think she is driving me wild. Yes I am still upset that she chose to not exist, but it is more important to show her there are a thousand beautiful reasons that she should exist.

"Good Morning!" I say.

"Hey Freddie!" Carly replies turning to look at me.

"Morning Freddork!" Sam replies pulling the mug away from her face.

I walk over to her and grab her hand behind the counter, a simple gesture. She doesn't push me away. She actually keeps her hand in mine and her other still gripping her coffee mug as she continues to take sips in between making small talk with Carly about the prom.

"Are you going to go?" Carly asks her all giddy.

"I'm not really sure" Sam replies nonchalantly.

I notice her face drops as she says this. I take this as my queue to chime in. "Why don't you want to go to the prom?" I ask.

"I'm just not the kind of girl, guys would want to ask out on date so why would they even want to go to prom with me" she says bringing the mug back up to her face taking a sip to hide her sadness.

"We will find you a date" Carly promises.

"You really think so?" Sam asks hopeful.

"yes. you have to go to prom." Carly pleads.