Chapter 9.5- Authors Note/One Week Earlier

A/N‼: Ok so I was gonna post this tomorrow but I said fuck it and decided to post today. I got another chapter coming tomorrow or the day after that. This chapter has semi important information but then again not really and it's kind of a filler so idk skip if you want to

{Flashback}

Ananda's POV
After the "kiss"

Like a dumbass, I stood at my door for a few more moments shocked until the sound of approaching footsteps scared me enough to twist the key and unlock the door. I paused for a moment because I heard noise. Not just one person, but two. I knew Aaliyah was here but I didn't expect her to bring additional company. I came around the corner to see her and Carmen Electra having a ball on my couch, drinking wine coolers and watching a Lifetime movie. Ever since the VMAs I've noticed them two hanging out a lot more and I have no problem with Tara. She's just a little bit...out there. i just don't want her trying to convert Aaliyah into whatever she's doing. 

'Look who decided to finally come home."Aaliyah passed with her feet on the coffee table. The both of them were dressed in onesies. I noticed she was eating popcorn that looked like it was from my pantry. The audacity...

"Girl, you okay? You look like you just saw a ghost." Carmen spoke which took me out of my deep thoughts. 

"I'm fine, Tara. How are you." I don't like calling people by their Hollywood names outside of business. It feels...superficial. 

"I'm great. Call me Carmen." She smiled. I sensed a hit to her ego. She continuously chewed on my popcorn. " We were just talking about you. "

"Really? What about?"

"Aaliyah and I were wondering if you wanted to help us start a girl group. "

"A girl group?" I scoffed. "You two are drunk off your asses. "

"No we aren't. We are serious. " Carmen sat up. "I know a guy who knows a guy who's looking to put together a girl group. Not just your typical pop girls but something different. It's gonna be huge. But we were wondering if you could do a talent search segment on TRL or something first."

Asking me to pull strings on TRL is heavy. I barely have power as a creative director.The conversation was interrupted with an incoming call from Marshall pinging my cell phone. 

"Hold that thought...."

"Hello?" I answered the phone walking up the stairs to my room.

"Ignoring my calls? Where are you?" Marshall answered and I could hear "Gin and Juice" blasting in the background . Just from his voice alone I could tell he was most likely high as fuck. Then again, It's been a while since we've talked. 

"I just got home from work."

"So you're at home now?" He asked me.

"Yes."

"Are you alone?" Woah..where is this going? I thought

"No. I'm with some girlfriends." The cell phone service started to get a bit messed up. He made a comment but it was inaudible. 

"What did you say? I couldn't hear you."

"Okay, forget about it. Like I told you earlier, I need to see you. It's some real important shit. Can I pick you up in a few minutes?"

"Marshall, I... I can't. It's late" I felt bad that i couldn't help him with whatever it was but I had to be honest. My task and social battery was dead.

"Tomorrow then?" He suggested.

"I don't know. I'm pretty busy this week."

I heard a glass shattered against the floor from upfront. "Hey, imma call you back— " I abruptly ended the call and charged down the stairs to the front room. Carmen was sweeping up a broken beer bottle glass with her hands. She placed the shards in her purse. "Sorry. "

"Hey, it's getting late. We're gonna head out." Aaliyah got up and gathered her belongs as Carmen followed her. If they were ready to leave now then I wondered how long have they been here?

Carmen turned and faced me before leaving, "Once you can pull strings about the TRL thing, let me know."

The door shut and I didn't even bother to get up and lock it. Moments passed. Hours really. But something inside of me just couldn't shut my brain off about that kiss. I walked around my apartment, read a few magazines and even tidied up a little. But nothing helped me.

Should I report him to HR?

Should I confront him about it tomorrow at work?

Maybe I should just let it go 

Maybe it was my fault. I mean, we do flirt with each other all the time. Maybe I was leading him on. But still, I tried my best to find an answer, something that I might have done to give him the green light. 

Every question I had, seemed to have a possible fucked up answer. An answer that someone would use against me, whether that be my boss, ViacomCBS or Nick himself. Part of me just wanted to let it go. Move on and just wake up, go to work and come home like I always do. If I didn't let it get to me then maybe it wouldn't. 

Slowly, the sound of wet weather from outdoors filled my ears. And slowly, tears fell from eyes like rain from the clouds, unexpectedly. With blurred vision, I opened my cell phone and saw Marshall's name. I was supposed to call him back. I wondered if he was still awake or sound asleep and if I could vent to him or if he just wanted to be left alone. He confuses me. That night he held me in his arms like no one ever had held me before. Then the next moment he pays me literal dust until two weeks later. I thought we had a good thing going, but that's my life in general. Something always comes and rains on my parade. I put my phone away and decided to rest my eyes.

{Flashback Over}