Chapter 12- Ex- Communication *Edited*

(These last few chapters have all been in the same day LMAO but this is the last one..)

Just like that, I found myself back at square one: Marshall's apartment. I called him from the subway after getting booted from Nick's car. I kept the details vague on what happened between us but might've accidentally let it slip that Kim was at his apartment when I left earlier. I was a little ways from approaching the front door when I noticed it was unlocked and ajar. The sound of Marshall's and Kim's yelling bounced off the walls.

"You got five minutes to get the fuck outta my house or i'm calling the cops!"

"Well, you can't stop me from coming over here so you might as well call them!"

"I can't stop you?" He tried to stay angry but a faint laugh at her stupidity escaped his lips. "Bitch, it's my house!"

"And you never changed the locks so its mine too!'' Kim screamed back.

"That makes zero fucking sense..Why don't you just go home? How'd you even get to New York? Who the fuck is watching Hailie?"

I saw wheels turning in her head trying to generate a reply, "I hired a nanny. Dawn."
Proof was there, watching the whole thing play out. He noticed that I entered the house and he became even more confused. I stood there awkwardly waiting for the quarrel to end.

"Your sister? You got that cracked out slut watching my daughter?"

"You think a breaking and entering charge would look good for you in a divorce battle? Kim, just leave. Go home." Proof told her. I can see that he's more of a peacemaker. He reached in back pocket and pulled out his wallet, filing through cash."This should be enough for a round trip flight back to Detroit. Now bounce."

Kim held the money up to the ceiling light to see if it was authentic and stuffed it into her pockets. "Nice doing business with you.." She threw her purse over her shoulder and swiftly left the house. Marshall sighed and closed the door behind her."You shouldn't have gave her shit.." He said to Proof

"I know. Sometimes I just be feeling bad for her ass. We can go back to the studio, right?"

"Yeah. But I'm gonna take her home first." He nodded towards me.

"Um, you don't have to do that..I can just take the subway. "

"I'm telling you now..don't do that. " Proof shook his head."Ight I need some water then head out to the car.

I looked at Marshall. He was cooked down a little bit but I could still feel his negative energy. "Are you okay?" I touched his shoulder

"Yeah." He responded, softly. "Did you want something?"

"I was gonna tell you on the phone that my car broke down in the driveway....but you hung up."

"Oh." He responded, nonchalantly.

"Yeah and uh, before we leave I was gonna check the computer and see if anyone replied to the ad."

"Okay.." He stood there inching closer towards me, gawking. I was lost.

"Soo..can you unlock it?"

"Maybe." His hands grabbed my waist as I felt kisses being planted on my neck. A grin came across my face. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing.." I tried squirming out of his grip but he pushed me up against the wall near the computer desk. The kisses got even more tempting.

"Stop." I whispered in his ear

"You're gonna be gone in two days.. I'm gonna miss this." He said to me. His hand was close to my place but I stopped it. "Well, you can always use your imagination."

"Just give me something to think about.."

"Not now-"

"Mmm.." we froze as our attention turned to Proof, standing at the kitchen door frame sipping bottled water.

"Sorry." I glanced at Proof backing away from him Marshall, smoothing my hair.

"I'll be back.." Marshall went up the stairs. Proof watched him walk up the stairs until he reached the top. That's when he pulled me aside as if he wanted to talk about something. "You might not wanna hear this but I'm gonna tell you this on the low.." he whispered but in a serious tone. My heart paused. "You seem like a nice girl so i'm telling you now don't get too invested."

Not only was I shocked but I was confused about where all this was coming from. Does he not like me? "Too invested? What are you trying to say?"

"Em's my dude and all but he has a lot of issues and relationships aren't really his thing. I see the way you be looking at him and i'd hate to see you get your feelings hurt."

"What? But I-"

"Stop talking." He shut me up when we heard Marshall coming down the stairs. He changed his clothes to a grey hoodie and matching shorts. "You ready?" he looked at me.

"Yeah, let's go. " I followed behind him out of the door. "He should really get some new friends" I thought to myself.