Chapter 11- Reconciliation (Part 2) *Edited*

NOTE: This is a minor chapter but read if you want. Read the last chapter for a refresher..I promise not to leave this long again.

Nick pulled up. He looked slightly unrecognizable. Maybe that's because he's not the person i that he was. That curly hair that once had volume was flat and dull, just like his eyes. Regardless, i got in his car and rode away with him like the idiot i am.

"It's been awhile since I've talked to you. You haven't been at work much and i tried calling you but i got the disconnected tone." He said to me.

"My phone was out of service for a little while. And I had the flu." I lied. I didn't feel like coming into work and I blocked his number. But who says he needs to know?

"Well, I'm glad everything is ok now. I missed you at work." He smiled. I looked down and saw his cold hand smooth against my clothed thigh"..Alot." My stomach ached with disgust and slight panic.

"That's great.." I cleared my throat. I managed to scoot out of his grip and fasten my seat belt. Strike two. I mentally noted.

"So, who's house was that? It looked pretty nice."

"Just a friend. You wouldn't know him.."
I felt him look at me, confused.

"-Her...i mean't her."

"It better be a her. You know i'm supposed to be the only man in your life." He smiled and me and gave me this look as if he waiting for a reaction from me. Maybe a laugh or mutual flirtation. I kept my face even. Strike three. He noticed my facial expression

"Are you okay?''

"Nick..the last time we saw each other, you acted very inappropriate with me and it made me uncomfortable." I admitted. My throat tightened as i saw his surprised yet confused reaction.

"I was inappropriate with you?" He lightly scoffed, offended by my accusation. "If anything you were inappropriate with me, touching my arm and I was just giving you what you wanted."

I felt my heart drop.

"You groped my butt and you forced your lips on mine. Why would I want that? I don't feel that way about you. You're my coworker."
I watched his face change, going soft and even more muddled and i wondered why. It's the truth.

"So i'm just a co-worker now, eh?"He asked. Now I was confused. That's all he's ever been..

"You're my friend and that's all I want you to be. "

I noticed the left turn that Nick was supposed to take flew past us. I told him an alternative route he could take instead to get me home but he did everything but that. He took an exit going into Manhattan that didn't needed to be taken. My muscles went taut.

"Where the hell are you going?" I asked. No verbal response. Instead he drove a bit faster.

"Stop the damn car Dominick. I'm not fucking with you." I tugged his arm

"You want me to stop?" He yelled with eyes on fire. They were off the road and on to me with and the car had to be going at least 60 mph. The car abruptly halted at a stoplight and my body swung forward gently and hit the dashboard air conditioning. Cars in motion peeled to a stop behind us."Get the fuck out!"