Chapter 5- Burn Baby Burn

It was at least ten minutes into the car ride and nothing
was said between Marshall and Ananda. The only thing that made the ordeal bearable was the hip hop classics he had spinning in his radio. It was awkward and the way Marshall seemed so emotionless was kinda scary since he was so outspoken and controversial in his music.

But damn, he was kinda hot. She didn't realize it until his shirt lifted up when he was adjusting his seat, exposing his v line. And every time a pair of headlights passed, they shined directly on those ocean blue eyes. He seemed so focused on the road which oddly turned her on. She wondered if he was packing something underneath those sweatpants....

Probably not. There's no way he's well endowed. Every man I've met who hates his mom usually has a small penis, she thought

Snapping out of her thoughts, she noticed him taking a small baggie of weed and some rolling papers as the car reached a red light, "Yo, what the fuck are you doing?"

"What? Don't tell me you ain't ever rolled up before.'

"Yes, a long time ago. It doesn't matter now. Can you just.. wait until you get outside or something? I don't want my outfit smelling like weed. What if you get pulled over?"

"Too bad." He rudely scooted her arm off of the glove compartment and pulled out a lighter.

At this moment, She was questioning why she even did my hair, told her stylist to find  the perfect outfit and why the fuck decided to step outside my house and give this clown the time of my day. Her and Aaliyah could've had a girls night, painted their toes, made popcorn and bought a bootleg movie from the weird guy down the street. The possibilities were endless...

But no.

This is what happens every time she decides to let a man in her life. This is what happens whenever she stepped  outside of her comfort zone.. Shit happens.

“Your destination is on the right” She flinched at the sound of his navigation system.Something felt off. She poked her head out the window and to both of their surprises, they weren't where  they thought they'd be.

"Rockin' N Rollin disco skate?" Her face scrunched up.

"This ain't no bowling alley..? " Marshall looked over at her.

"Fuck it." They both shrugged. Hopping out of the car, they both approached these yellow and blue stained glass doors and instantly she could tell that we walked into some Boogie Nights tomfoolery.. But there was no turning back. A huge disco ball hung from the ceiling and spun round and round as people got down to "Disco Inferno" by the Trammps . This place looked kinda cool.. she pondered. It was a fair about people in the place with most dressed in brightest, ugliest neon colors and hideous makeup to match. Obviously, it was some vintage themed roller skate and you don't really see something like this that often. She felt as if she went back in time, but then she looked over at Marshall in his urban wear and realized that she's still in the year 2000.

"You good?" He noticed her gazing around as if  she were a kid in a candy store.

"Yes, why?"

"Just wondering. You looked.. lost."

"Sorry." She spoke.

"What size skates do you wear?" He looked down at her feet, trying to make a guess.

"I don't wanna skate.I think I'll just go to the arcade room or something." Her eyes shifted to a glowy room in the corner as 8-bit sounding music could be heard from far away.

"Why? Look around. You fit right in with the tacky disco thing."

"Nah, I'm just fucking with you."

"Oh my God! Are you Eminem? My sister loves your album so much, can we get a quick photo?" Some Latina girl stood in front of the two holding the hand of what looked like a toddler. Hopefully that's not her sister, because if she's listening to that kind of music early on then she's fucked. It's kinda frustrating when you're just trying to live life and you keep getting approached by all types of people.

"Not right now." He told the fan and her sister as they both walked away seeming slightly disappointed. Ananda could see the grown irritation in his face. He talked about stuff like this briefly in his songs.

"You for real don't wanna skate? " He continued to press these questions as they moved up closer in line. She tried to hide away her embarrassed face but she was never good at hiding  emotions.

"You can't skate can you? " He let out a small laugh. It's weird seeing him..laughing. Happy. Normal, hell.. she thought

She shook her head no,  retracting her initial answer, "Well.. It's been a minute. And by a minute, I mean since about '94."

"Well. Don't let that stop you.  I'll show you"

_

Kim's POV

I sat by the phone patiently, just waiting for some information. A name, a face, a description, a photo.. Who could've possibly taken my place after twelve years? It makes no sense. How could a man destroy his family for fame, money, status, pussy..?  There couldn't be enough money in the world to make me diss on the people I love the most. There's not enough dick in the world to make me be unfaithful to the man I married.

That's what men do.. They cheat, they lie and then leave. And whoever this girl is that Marshall claims himself to be "in love with" better watch her back..