Ch. 11 - Breakeven

*Michael's P.O.V*

"Where's my daughter?!" Luke asks in panic as he rushes out onto the balcony where I was sitting, enjoying the sunrise.

"Oh, you're awake" I say in surprise, pulling myself up so that I'm sitting up straight instead of slouched against the chair.

"Where is my baby?" He asks again, pressing down on the words more this time.

I frown, suddenly worried at how scared he looks. "Luke, she's with Calum & Ashton" I say slowly, "She's fine, are you alright though?".

Luke lets out a sigh of relief, running his fingers through his flat hair. Then he groans quietly and walks over to me slowly. "Nightmares" he says, sounding exhausted.

I grab his hand gently and pull him into my lap. "What happened?" I ask, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Ashleigh was alive, and she came back and took Adelaide from us" Luke sighs, "I screamed, and cried, and begged her not to take her from us, but it was like she couldn't hear me". Tears start to slip from his eyes as he speaks.

"Luke" I say sadly.

"I tried to chase after her, I tried to get her back, but I couldn't find her!" Luke starts to choke on his words as his tears intensify, "And then I woke up and Adelaide was gone, and her stuff was gone, and I thought I'd lost her!".

"Her stuff is gone because Ashton & Calum took it so they could pack it back into the car" I say, feeling somewhat guilty about it, "I'm sorry, I should of told them to leave her with us".

"No" Luke chokes out as he snuggles up to me, "No, you didn't know I was going to have a nightmare and freak out".

I think for a moment, rubbing Luke's back with one hand. "Do you want to go get ready, and I'll go get Addie and bring her back here?" I ask curiously. Luke nods against my neck.

"Yes please" he sniffs. Snuggling up to me even more, Luke wraps his arms around my neck, like a child who is tired & upset.

I try to say 'I love you', but the words get stuck in my throat as I think back to just under a year ago. We 'hated' each other so much, but look at us now... It feels so surreal.

Snapping back to reality, I swallow the memory of us not being very fond of each other. "I love you, Luke" I whisper, squeezing him slightly.

"And I love you, Michael" Luke says quietly.

After about a minute, Luke pulls himself up. "Can you go get our baby girl now?" He asks, pouting at me.

"Of course I can" I reply, giving him a quick kiss. Luke stands up, and I do the same. We walk inside together and Luke starts looking for a clean outfit. "See you soon" I say as I pick my key card up off the table.

"Okay" Luke says, smiling at me before looking back down at his bag.

I leave the room and jog down the hallway to the elevator, hit the button, and wait. Ashton said that they would give Adelaide a bath after they took her stuff to the car, so I'm guessing they should be back at their room by now.

When the elevator finally arrives, I take it down the floor below, floor 6, and find my way to Ashton & Calum's room. When I find the right room, I knock on the door, hoping they are in there.

"Yes?" Ashton asks as the door opens.

"Hey!" I say quickly.

"Oh, Michael! I thought we were going to meet you at the car after you & Luke ate breakfast?" Ashton says in confusion as he steps out of the way to let me inside.