Ch. 1 - Far Too Young

*Michael's P.O.V*

"Luke, calm down! Just breath, okay?" I tell Luke calmly, rubbing his back. "Look, your gorgeous daughter is trying to get your attention!" I add cheerfully when Adelaide- who is sitting in my lap- reaches out at Luke.

Luke is in the midst of a huge anxiety attack and is currently hyperventilating, which is scaring the shit out of me.

"Breathe" I tell him, "Just breathe".

"Shecantbemineshecantshecant" Luke sobs into his hands in a rush.

"Obviously she is, Luke" Liz says calmly as she walks back into the room, followed by the rest of Luke's family.

"Luke, you're making the poor kid sound like a cancer or something" Ben laughs. "Calm the hell down" he adds seriously.

"Ben" Liz scolds him. "Luke, listen to me, honey!" She says calmly, kneeling down in front of us.

Luke looks up into his mothers eyes- still completely freaking out- and she brings his hands together in his lap and gives them a slight squeeze.

"Luke, you don't understand how lucky you are" she tells him.

"What?" Luke asks in confusion, gasping for breath.

"Take a look right beside you, Luke, what do you see?" She asks. Luke glances over at Adelaide & I before turning back to his mother.

"Michael & Adelaide" he replies, slightly confused as to why his mother was asking such a weird question.

"Exactly, you have a daughter now and Michael is still right here, right beside you, he hasn't run away, has he?" She tells him.

Luke's breathing starts to steady out and he looks up at me with his tear-filled bright blue eyes. I give him a faint smile.

"After everything you used to do to him, he's still right here beside you, he loves you and he is ready to love your daughter, not many kids your age are that lucky" she tells him.

Luke blinks and more tears fall down his face. He leans against me and buries his face in the crook of my neck.

"I love you" he chokes out quietly.

"I love you, too" I whisper, leaning my head against his.

"Awww" Liz coos, and I look down to see Adelaide reaching her hand up towards Luke's face gently, she places her hand against Luke's cheek, smiling up at him, and he starts crying even harder.

But he's not crying because he's scared anymore, he's crying because he's happy.

Luke wraps his arms around both Adelaide & I and pulls us both closer to him. "I love you, Adelaide" he whispers, giving her a gentle kiss on the top of her head.

*Later*

"And what do I tell her when she asks about her mother one day?" Luke asks Ashleigh.

"Tell her whatever you want" she replies, glancing down at Adelaide- who was fast asleep, resting against my chest- she looks back up at Luke, "If you want, tell her that her mother was just some slut that couldn't even take care of herself". She spat out the word 'slut' like it tasted foul in her mouth.

"I'm not going to tell her that" Luke says seriously. "So this is all her stuff, right?" He asks.

"Yeah... Sorry there's not much food... Or anything for that matter, I hadn't got around to getting some more... And everything else? Well, my grandparents aren't rich" Ashleigh replies, "That's another reason I thought she'd be better off here, you'll be able to support her more, right?".

"Yeah, I guess" Luke replies.

"Good, well... I should probably go now" she mumbles as she stands up from the couch.

"I, ahh- I'll let you out" Luke says as he stands up as well.

"Bye, Michael, it was nice to meet you" Ashleigh says with a smile as Luke leads her out of the room.

"You, too" I tell her.

*Luke's P.O.V*

"We have a kid" Michael says with a smile as I sit back down beside him after letting Ashleigh out. "That's what we wanted, right?" He asks.

"Of course, Michael! But-" I sigh, "I thought we'd have more time to just be free before we settled down to have kids".

"So did I... But we can't change the fact that it's not going to happen anymore" Michael tells me. "But look at her, she's our little girl now, Luke!" He says with a soft smile as he looks down at Adelaide. I can't help but smile.

"I'm scared though, Mikey... I don't know how to look after a child... I'm scared of messing up" I admit.

"And I'm terrified, Luke, we will get through this together" he tells me reassuringly. "And we have both of our parents and your brothers to help us, remember that" he points out.

"We're far too young for this" I say quietly.

"Time to grow up, just a little bit" Michael says seriously.

*Later*

"She's gorgeous" I say, smiling down at my daughter as she sleeps peacefully in her cot- which we set up at the end of our bed.

"She is, just like her daddy" Michael says, giving me a kiss on the cheek as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"I'm not ready for this" I mumble, pulling myself closer to Michael and snuggling up to him.

"Neither am I, but as I said before, we will get through this together" he whispers in my ear.

"Can we cuddle now?" I ask sleepily.

"Of course" he chuckles quietly. We slowly make our way over to bed and quickly make ourselves comfortable.

I feel like I'm where I've always belonged right now, snuggled up to Michael, the love of my life, and I can't help but feel like I don't deserve it.

I did so many horrible things to Michael before and after I fell in love with him... And I got some girl that I didn't even know pregnant...

I should be forced to live the rest of my life watching Michael love someone else as punishment for what I did wrong... But instead, he's mine.

"Stop it" Michael mumbles.

"Stop what?" I ask in confusion.

"Stop being worried" he tells me.

"You can't even see my face" I say in shock.

"I don't need to see your face to know that you're thinking too hard and putting yourself down" he says quietly. I burry my face into his neck.

"I'm sorry" I groan.

"It's okay, just forget about everything for a while, okay?" He asks.

"Okay." I sigh.

"I love you, Luke" he whispers, running his fingers gently through my hair.

"I love you, Michael" I mumble against his neck.