Ch. 5 - First Stop

*Luke's P.O.V*

"First stop, Newcastle" Ashton announces from the drivers seat.

I know that Newcastle is only 2 hours out of Sydney, and we could probably come here any day we choose, but we all wanted to stop here for the rest of the day and stay the night.

It took us an extra half hour to get here though, because Calum kept having to pee every fifteen minutes... I think it was more mind over matter though, because he normally doesn't have to pee that often.

Ashton also had to stop once or twice so we could shake up the seating arrangement- he had to stop because it made him feel nervous that were moving around while he was driving.

So, that wasn't the longest car ride I've been on, but it was still painful. Like I've said before, I hate car trips.

"You did pre-book a room for us somewhere, right?" I ask Ashton as I lean forward.

I was currently sitting in the middle row of seats, while Michael was riding shotgun and Calum was sprawled out on the back row of seats, listening to music on his iPod.

"Of course I did" Ashton smiles.

"Good" I sigh, leaning back to sit down again.

"Imagine if he hadn't" Michael laughs, "And everywhere was full".

"We would have to sleep in this" Ashton laughs.

"Oh the pain" I groan dramatically before laughing.

"It would suck" Michael agrees.

"About the room, there are three beds, a double and two singles" Ashton tells us.

"I see" Michael says in confusion.

"You two can take the double, so Adelaide can sleep with you" Ashton continues, smiling over at Michael.

"You sure?" Michael asks in surprise.

"Of course I am" he says with a smile.

"And let me guess" I chuckle, "If we didn't have Addie, you & Calum would take it?".

"Basically" Ashton laughs.

"Typical" Michael scoffs.

"Obviously" I roll my eyes before laughing.

*Michael's P.O.V*

"Luke wants me to go somewhere with him for a bit, is that okay?" Calum asks Ashton & I as he walks out onto the balcony, where we were with Adelaide.

"Yeah, sure" Ashton replies.

"Where are you going?" I ask curiously.

"No idea, he didn't say" Calum shrugs before giving Ashton a quick kiss and walking back inside. Ashton & I raise an eyebrow at each other in confusion.

About a minute later, Luke walks outside to us. "Cal & I are going out for a bit" he tells me as he bends down and gives me a quick kiss.

"Okay, where are you going?" I ask as he gives Adelaide a kiss on the forehead.

"Just out" he shrugs his shoulders as he stands up straight, "We'll bring back pizza for early dinner".

"Alright" I sigh, "Ash & I were going to take Addie to the pool.. Unless you wanted us to wait until you get back?".

"Nah, it's alright, you can take her if you want" he says with a smile. "Love you, Mikey!" He says as he walks back towards the door.

"Love you, too, Luke!" I say. He smiles and disappears inside, closing the door behind him.

"Okay, they're going to have sex in a bathroom" Ashton jokes before giggling.

"Trust them, leave us with the kid so they can go have fun together" I laugh.

"Hey, we could still have fun" Ashton tries to sound serious.

"Oh, can we now?" I joke.

"Sure, just put bubby to sleep and we can have some fun" he says, winking at me jokingly.

"Trust you to think of that" I roll my eyes. Ashton just laughs.