Ch. 6 - I Promise

*Michael's P.O.V*

I'd just finished in the shower, got dried off, changed, and gone back into the main room to sit back down with Ashton & Adelaide on the bed, when I heard the door open.

"We're back!" An overly happy looking Calum says as he walks in. "Sorry we didn't get the pizza we promised, but we thought we'd wait till a bit later".

"See, I told you they were fucking in a bathroom" Ashton laughs as Luke, who's also smiling, walks in after Calum.

"What did I say?" Calum asks in amazement as he turns to face Luke with a smirk on his face, "I said they'd think that's what we were doing... We should of taken the chance".

"I've had my fair share of your dick, Calum, I'm good" Luke rolls his eyes.

"I'm the best you ever had though" Calum says in a cocky tone as he sits down behind Ashton and takes Adelaide from him to hug her.

"Whatever floats your boat" Luke scoffs, sitting down next to me. "Michael" he says with a smile.

"Yes?" I ask in confusion. My chest honestly still hurts from he & Calum being secretive before.

"See this ring?" He asks, holding up his right hand to show me a gold ring with silver swirls around it- that remind me of Shadowhunter's marks in TMI- on his ring finger.

"Yeah? I've never seen it before" I tell him.

"It's one of two" he tells me, revealing something in his hand- that I hadn't noticed he'd been hiding, "They're promise rings".

"Promise rings?" I ask quietly, staring at the ring identical to his.

"You make a promise, like, I promise that I'll never leave you" he explains, smiling at me. I can feel my cheeks heating up as I start to blush. "Do you promise to never leave me?" He asks hopefully, gently picking up my right hand.

"Of course" I choke out. I clear my throat and continue, "I promise to never leave you, you already know I won't".

"I'm glad" he whispers, smiling as he slips the ring onto my ring finger. I admire it for a moment before Luke connects our lips together. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss back.

"We're going to take Addie out for a bit" Calum says, interrupting us for a moment. "Go get that pizza that Luke & I were going to get" he adds.

"Okay" Luke & I reply as we look over at them. With huge smiles on their faces, Ashton & Calum stand up, grab Adelaide's stroller, and leave.

"I love you" Luke says in a rush, pushing me down so I'm lying on my back.

"I love you too" I gasp as he starts sucking on my neck.

*Luke's P.O.V*

"Why?" Michael asks curiously, admiring the ring on his finger.

"Why what?" I ask, giving him a kiss on the top of the head, "Why waste money on silly little rings?".

"They aren't silly, but yeah" he says quietly, glancing up at the muted TV across from the end of the bed.

After we had cleaned up a bit after having our fun, we decided to watch some TV, but ended up muting the television anyway. Michael has his back pressed against my chest and I have my arms wrapped around him.

"Because" I say quietly, "I thought they were a special something that we could have to say that we are already taken".

"Right" Michael laughs quietly, dropping his hands down into his lap to link them with mine.

"I thought it was a romantic gesture, don't you?" I chuckle.

"It is, I agree" he replies, "But how much did they cost?".

"It doesn't matter" I reply, knowing that he won't be happy about my real answer.

"Luke, how much?" He asks sternly.

"Not much" I lie.

"Luke" he says seriously. I sigh in defeat.

"Almost four hundred dollars each" I say quietly, my voice cracking slight at the end.

"Four hundred?!" He shouts as he sits up quickly to face me, "You should of just found two ten dollar rings from Target or something!".

"Michael, calm down, it's okay" I say, trying not to laugh.

"Okay?! Luke, it's not like you have a job, and your parents may have more money than mine but they still aren't rich!" He says, getting slightly worked up.

"Michael!" I say seriously, grabbing his arms to hold him still, "Relax". I pull my hands down to link with his before continuing, "I spoke to my parents about it before we left, they said it was okay to use their money for it".

"But four hundred dollars each?" He asks in distress.

"I called them when I found out the price and asked, they said it was fine" I tell him calmly.

"But-" he tries to argue.

"Michael" I stop him. He shuts up and stares at me. "Don't worry about it" I say softly.

"What am I going to do with you?" Michael sighs, leaning forward and pressing his lips against mine.

"What are you going to do with me?" I ask jokingly as he snuggles back up to me, "Live a long happy life with me and our beautiful baby girl".

"I like that idea" he says quietly.

I was about to speak again when there is a knock on the door, followed by Ashton saying "Uhh, can you guys let us in... We forgot our keycard". Michael & I laughed to ourselves as we climbed out of bed to go let in or idiot friends.

"I can't believe we trust you with our daughter" I joke, opening the door to see Adelaide sitting in her stroller, chewing on a piece of cardboard from one of the pizza boxes. "Don't eat that, bubby" I say softly, gently taking the cardboard from her.

Adelaide pouts and her lip starts to quiver. "Quickquickquick, get her inside" Calum tells Ashton, noticing the start of an Adelaide tantrum.

Michael & I quickly squish up against the wall, Calum zips past with the pizza, and Ashton pushes the stroller inside and shuts the door behind him, just before Adelaide starts screaming.

Michael quickly pulls her out of the stroller and calms her down. "It's okay, Addie, I'll get you something to chew on" he says in a baby voice as he bounces her slightly on his hip and walks towards the bags of food we had packed before we left.

By the time Michael has reached the bags, Adelaide has already half calmed down. He bends down, finds one of Adelaide's chewy stick things for babies, and starts to unwrap it.

"And I'll give you something else to eat once I've eaten" he tells her as he hands it to her.

Adelaide goes quiet as she starts to chew on the food Michael had just given her, while Michael walks over and chucks the wrapper in the bin.

"Michael the baby whisperer" Calum laughs.

"Should I be insulted by that?" Michael laughs as he sits on the edge of the bed.

"Nope, I'm pretty sure a lot of tired mothers & fathers wish they were baby whisperers" Ashton tells him before laughing as well.

I grab a slice of pizza from the box Calum had just opened and take a bite. "Can you grab me a slice?" Michael asks me.

"Nope" I say, walking straight past him and laying down at the other end of the bed.

"Meanie" he pouts, glancing back at me. I stick my tongue out at him cheekily.