Prologue

"Luke Hemmings?"

"Yeah?"

"My name's Ashleigh, and this is your daughter, Adelaide"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Michael's P.O.V*

"W-What?" Luke chokes out.

"She's your child, and I don't want her, I can't keep her, so she's yours" Ashleigh explains, holding Adelaide out towards Luke, who remains frozen in place. "Luke" she says.

Realising that Luke is in too much shock to hold a child, I reach forward and take Adelaide from her mother, she quickly snuggles up to me which makes my heart melt.

"I can bring her things over later tonight, if that's okay" she tells Luke, who's just staring back at her blank-faced. "Luke?" She asks worriedly.

"S-She can't be mine" Luke finally spits out.

"Apparently she can, Luke, according to like six of my friends, you are the guy I slept with over a year ago at Calum's party" she explains.

"Doesn't mean she's mine" Luke says weakly.

"You are literally the only guy I have ever slept with... Ever... How could it be another guy?" She asks irritably.

"I-I-" Luke stutters.

"Look, Ashleigh, I'm sorry Luke currently looks like he has no brain cells, but you did just drop a bombshell on him... You could have told him earlier" I tell her, gently bopping from side to side to keep Adelaide calm.

"I'm so sorry, Luke, really! I thought maybe I could keep her and not tell you but, I'm just not ready, my parents kicked me out and I'm living with my grandparents but my grandad is sick and I just can't take it" Ashleigh blurts out, starting to cry.

"Hey, calm down" I say soothingly, "Look, I can't give you an exact answer but we will look after her until you bring her stuff over later, okay?"

"Thank you so much!" She lets out a small sob. "I will be back later, I promise!" She says before running off.

Luke stares blankly into space as I close the door. His face is as pale as I've ever seen it before, and it looks like he's about to pass out.

"Luke?" I ask worriedly, "Luke?".