Chapter Four

After you had bathed and put on Isabel's clothes you headed back downstairs, and saw that sadly, they weren't back. It was still just you and Levi.

The short man sat at the kitchen table, playing with a knife in his hands. You stood before him with small smile and he looked up, nodding in approval

"Better. You look half descent now." He said

"Um, thank you...?" You said awkwardly, running your hands through your wet H/L, H/C.

He made a click with his tongue and looked away, you sighed and sat beside him. There was an awkward silence.

"So...um...Levi, do you wanna tell me more about those jobs you do?" You asked, still curious.

"No" he said plaining. You sighed, at least he was too the point.

Another awkward silence.

Maybe you could try and joke around with him, you deiced to go with a playful tease

"Hey Levi" you said, as you poked his arm.

"What"

"Your short" you poked him again, Levi looked at you, his eyes flashed. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to do this while he had a knife...

"And you have the breasts of a man. What's your point?" He said dryly. Your face flushed and you wanted to reach out and slap him. Instead you crossed your arms over your chest and looked away.

'Isabel better be back soon..' You thought to yourself, at least you felt comfortable around her. 'I should be grateful though, at least I have a home, some food, and people in my life now, which is-' your thoughts were interrupted by Levi's low voice

"Sorry" he said in his usual bored tone. You looked up at him surprised

"Sorry?" He nodded

"For teasing you."

Um, okay...that was weird. He did not come across as a man who'd apologize.

"Oh" You said "well, your forgiven"

A long silence

"I take it back" he said, his voice rude. What was up with this guy?

"What? Why?" You asked, beyond puzzled.

"I assumed you would return the apology. The remark you made about my height" he said. "Not that it bothers me. If you had any brains at all you'd see that your shorter then me. So you also insulted your self." He finished, playing with his knife again.

"Wow" you chuckled "that's got to be the most you've said to me"

He glared at you and got up, walking back upstairs. You sighed, slightly regretting your actions.

****************

Later on Isabel and Furlan returned, Furlan slowly warmed up to you and you stayed around. Levi stayed like always, but you noticed he was slightly nicer around you. Two months pasted and everything seemed just about perfect. You had friends, a place to sleep, and food. But then one day, something happened that threatened to change that forever...

A/N just so you know, in this you'd be 13 and Levi's 18