One-Part 3

Trish sat outside the office of what she learned was the Director of SHIELD, her leg bouncing anxiously with her arms wrapped around herself as she tried her best to avoid eye contact with the agents guarding the place around her.

She was happy to hear the door open and turned her head to see Steve again, the director of SHEILD following him.

"Hey, you okay?" Steve asked and Trish nodded as she stood up. The man behind Steve stepped next him. "Ms Trisha, I think it's about time I introduced myself." He held out his hand.

"Nick Fury, Director of SHIELD." He said and Trish shook it with a small, nervous smile. "Sorry about that show back there, when someone noticed your location not where it should be, we panicked. Especially when it showed up in the base we found you near." Fury said and Trish nodded.

"It won't happen again, so long as the fossil asks for permission next time." Fury shot Steve a look as the blonde haired man scratched the back of his neck. "It wasn't a populated city." Steve still argued as Fury rolled his eyes, Trish cracking another small smile.

"I'm sure you've been wanting a explanation of why we brought you here and have been helping you, so why don't we take a quick walk?" Fury asked as he motioned down the hall. Trish nervously looked at Steve and the super soldier nodded.

"You can trust Fury." He said with a motion of his head. "I'll be waiting right here." Steve said and Trish nodded before starting to walk with Fury.

"So, Rogers has told me you've been improving quite a bit on your skills, socially and mentally." Fury said as they slowly walked down the hall toward a part of the helicarrier Trish hadn't been before.

Trish nodded. "Steve, Nat, Bruce, and Sam have helped me a lot." She signed, assuming her knew sign language, and he nodded. "And Rogers told you about what we had planned to do once you got cleared?" Trish nodded.

"Well, once Bruce gives you a clear evaluation, we'll get you a uniform fitting and designing,
and get you moved into Avengers Tower to start training. How's that sound?"

Trish looked hesitant before asking: "Why me?" She asked and Fury stopped in front of a window.

"Well, after many long meetings, SHIELD thinks it would be best to start realizing that not all of our enemies are going to be fully against us. HYDRA's been in the brainwashing industry for decades it seems, and when we caught wind of you, we took the chance of getting a girl who could tell us all about HYDRA since no brainwashing was done."

"That was a big risk."

"I had my bets on you."

"But I'm sure you didn't bet on a girl who's never spoke." Trish joked with a small smile and Fury chuckled. "No. No I did not." He said and sighed.

"This world is expanding outside of its comfort zone. And we need people who are willing to do the work others fear." Fury looked at her and held out his hand again.

"Are you willing to fight for the freedom of millions?"

Trish looked at him then slowly towards his hand.

~

"Hey doll."

Trish turned at the sound of the super soldiers voice, giving a small smile as he approached. "How was it?"

"It was good." She signed and Steve could see the visible excitement on her face. "What's got you so giddy?" He asked and Fury's words echoed in her head.

"You're one of us now."

Trish breathed out happily.

"I guess I'm an Avenger now."