chapter five.

Once pulling away from the kiss, their eyes locked and their heart rates synced beat from beat. George almost went in for one more, but he knew he should probably get back to making dinner, and stop making out with Dream. Both options seemed equally satisfying.  

A smug grin cracked on Dreams lips--god, George loved that stupid grin. He cocked an eyebrow unintentionally while he tried to read what he was thinking, though he couldn't exactly put his finger on what he was about to ask or say. It was always something random with him, like the day he woke George up at five in the morning for an unexpected trip to the waterpark--he had also dragged Sapnap along. 

"You wanna do something fun?" 

George thought about it for a minute and his eyes scanned the room, as if he'd find something that would give him an immediate answer to his question. He wondered what kind of fun Dream was implying to.

"Uh," He paused. "What kind of fun?"

"There's somewhere I wanna bring you, its like, five minutes from here."

His smile was already pleading as if he knew what Georges answer would be. As if he was already begging to let him take him wherever he planned because he knew George and he knew it was getting late, he would say no. 

And just as he'd expected,

"Dream, the forecast calls for rain soon, and its late." Well, he shut that down quickly. He twisted around again to start cutting more of the vegetable and avoid Dreams begging look. Somehow, he could just give George this look that reminded him of a puppy that got kicked around too much, and it made him completely vulnerable.

Dream tilted his head back and groaned boredly, "Please! It'll be fun I promise." He begged more and more dramatically, hoping to get any reaction from the other.

What was meant to be a glance to shut him down again turned into a starring contest, their eyes stabbing daggers into one another. But soon enough, George caved in. 

"Fine, I'll go."

Dreams face lit up and he took George by the hand, intertwining their fingers together. He was surprised when George didn't put up too much of a fight, as he usually did, he was even more surprised when he let him drag him out of the house without second thought--well mostly--he had pulled back a little to double check the door was shut. The last thing he would've wanted was for Cat to run out and get lost.

George only had a second to match the latters pace. When Dream said 'five minutes walk' he didn't expect them to be jogging down the street, palms pressed together and fingers siding,  and arms outstretched so they didn't lose ahold of each other.

"Okay! Okay! Dream slow down!" He said. 

Giggles broke from Dream as he came to an abrupt stop, halting and turning to the other. His face burned a crimson and beads of sweat accumulated at his hairline.  

George leaned over, one hand still connected to Dreams and the other propped on his knee, supporting his weight as he panted heavily. "God, you're too fast."

Dream simply shrugged. "No, you're just slow." He seemed absolutely unfazed by the quick running, he was still bouncing around as he waited for George. HIs legs must have not burned like Georges because if they did, he wouldn't be so willing to keep running.

Some idea went off in his mind, like a lightbulb. The brunette shook his hand from Dreams, letting the others fall.

A grin split his face in half. Once catching his breath, George stepped behind Dream, placing his hands on the others shoulders. Dream know knew exactly what he was doing. He braced himself, immediately holding onto George as he jumped onto his back. Feeling his hands grip at his thighs to hold him up sent shivers down Georges spine, still, he rested his chin on the top of Dreams head and waited for him to go.