43.

T H A L I A

I trotted down the stairs to meet Mom who was oddly scrambling around, pacing back and forth between the backyard and the kitchen.

"Mom, what are you doing?" I questioned, titling my head slightly as I watched her in confusion.

"I'm getting the food ready, hello what else!" She shrieked, throwing her hands up with a frustrated huff.

"Oh geez.. ok well, you should calm down it's just a barbecue mom?" I let out a soft laugh, watching as she continued to scramble around.

"Yeah, yeah whatever go fetch me those hotdogs from the fridge" she ordered, waving me off as she turned away and walked back out to the yard.

I sighed lightly, turning around towards the kitchen, snatching onto the packet of hotdog sausages from the fridge before following behind her.

I handed her the packet before walking back inside the house to see the door suddenly burst open to reveal Devora walk in first, with the sandlot boys soon following behind her.

"The partay has arrived baby!" Devora called, throwing her hands up as she casually walked into the house.

"And who's house are you walking in like that?" I questioned, placing my hands onto my hips as I watched the rest walk inside.

"My second house that's whose" She replied, wrapping an arm over my shoulder.

"Hold on.. I smell food!" She blurted, breathing in deeply as she quickly walked off towards the back yard.

I shook my head as I kept my gaze on them as they all took off towards the yard, turning away and smiling instantly at the woman that walked into the house.

"Thalia! I brought brownies!" Aurora bursted, smiling excitedly as she held up a clear glass pan.

I let out a laugh at her excitement. "Oh geez, those babies look good!" I gasped, practically drooling already as I looked down at them.

"I know! Where's your ma, I want to show her?" She questioned, her excited smile still remaining.

"She's outside in the back" I informed, pointing out towards the open back door.

I watched as she quickly walked off, leaving me to let out a soft laugh before looking back towards the three familiar siblings.

"Oh and there she goes. Excited over everything" Valerie spoke, shaking her head with a laugh.

"I like it. She makes everything seem happy!" I replied, cracking a soft smile as I thought.

I looked down towards the little girl also known as Mia, giving her a smile and wave to which she returned in a shy manner. Oh was she the only child I actually thought was cute.

"Oh hold the phone! I smell hamburgers, everybody move!" Valerie gasped, taking Mia's hand before quickly walking out.

I watched as she walked off. "Oh my god.. why is everyone so hungry today!" I exclaimed, turning back towards the boy who was left in the room.