A Shot Heard Around the World

*Crime Scene*

Hank and Ana, who are both wearing bullet proof vests over their usual leather jackets, hopped out of their SUV.

"Hello, guys." Kevin greeted, also wearing a vest, as they walked over. "Probationary officer that was shot is Anthony O'Sullivan. He was responding to a man in the lobby with a gun. So we're searching the whole complex right now." He informed, growing sad. "He was only two months out of the academy, guys."

"What's his training officer say?" Ana wondered.

""He's on his way to Med right now, but he said he didn't hear or see the shot." The Officer replied with a shrug.

"Well, the original call was a man with a gun." Hank murmured, gazing up at the building the shot supposedly came from. "Get us the time and location. And make sure the kid's family is headed over to the hospital." He ordered.

"Copy." Kevin nodded, walking off.

"Sarge, we need you up here, boss." Adam called, making the couple look up. "Eighth floor."

A few minutes later, the Sergeants were following him through a hotel room and over to to the balcony. There, they found their best friend crouched on the floor with a bullet.

"Single .223 round. Probably an AR-15." Alvin explained, turning the gold object around in his hand before standing up and gazing down at the scene with the two Voights. "This was an execution."

*District 21: Bullpen*

Emma had officially wanted Hank and Ana to run point across the city and, of course, they agreed.

The team was now crowded around the whiteboard and watched as Antonio taped a picture of the fallen Officer to it. Will had pronounced him not too long ago.

"Anthony O'Sullivan. He grew up in Sauganash. Still lived there with his parents. He was class commander and graduated first of his class from the academy two months ago." Antonio informed, moving to point at a bunch of photos grouped up on the right side of the board. "Here, I only pulled our latest and greatest active threats to police."

"Yeah, we got two white separatists aligned with two anti-government groups." Kevin explained.

"And our top six are bangers who attended a summit last month. Three West Side gangs were in attendance. They vowed to kill police officers for the killing of young black men." Jay added.

"Word on the street is they had snipers on the roof last night." Erin chimed in.

"So patrol still has no suspects. There was no 911 calls for shots fired. So we're thinking that the shooter used a flash suppressant and a silencer." Adam speculated. "And most likely was monitoring our radios."

"Nothing off ballistics. Bullet doesn't match a gun on file." Alvin finished, just as Emma appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Your office." She commanded as she passed by Hank.

"So start narrowing." He ordered, walking towards the small room and turning back around. "Who has access to a gun, who's online spewing hate. And I don't care if that crime scene was licked clean. There's a path that leads straight to that balcony." The older man declared, firmly, heading inside the Office.

Ana went to follow but was stopped by Emma, quickly, coming back out.

"Just Hank this time. He might not like what I'm about to tell him." She explained and the brunette nodded in understanding as she closed the door.

Ana moved to the whiteboard and stood next to it, crossing her arms.

"Hey, man, um, uh, Jeremy at the State's Attorney's office has been running his mouth." Erin laughed, nervously, turning to Antonio and leaning on her desk. "He said that you're taking a job over there as their lead investigator? Is that true?"