New Beginnings

The safety you had felt the night before was in short supply because the next morning you woke up to an unsettling text message. While you normally would have kept it to yourself, you learned the hard way after the last message you had received. Instead, you got out of bed as quickly as you could and hobbled down to Rhodey's room, banging on the door.

"What the actual fu-," Rhodey started as he opened the door before you cut him off and shoved your phone in his face.

"I obviously wouldn't be here if it weren't urgent," you replied.

The banging on Rhodey's door caused everybody to wake up and everybody started to open their doors and look into the hallway.

"What's going on?" Natasha asked, rubbing her eyes.

"My friends are back," you replied as you looked at her from down the hall.

As you looked at her, Thor sleepily popped his head out of his room.

"What has happened?" He asked, yawning.

"They sent me a text," you replied before looking back to Rhodey. "What do I do?"

"You don't do anything," he replied as he handed his phone back to you. "Everybody get dressed."

You swallowed hard before crutching back to your room. As you were closing the door, Thor stepped in as he pulled a shirt over his head.

"Let me see what they've said," he said as he held his hand out.

You handed the phone to Thor before sitting on the edge of your bed.

"Y/N, we hope you're feeling better. How's that new family of yours?"

"Keep going," you muttered as you stared at the phone.

"Things looked pretty cozy with Thor. Enjoy because you don't have much longer," Thor finished reading before looking up at you.

"It's never going to stop," you whispered. "They won't give up until I'm dead."

"May I ask what you did for this to happen in the first place?"

"I work, well, I worked for the FBI. One of my first cases in the bureau was for a serial killer. Well, I ended up being the arresting agent and when all was said and done, my friend Alyssa was the prosecuting attorney. That's why she was killed. That's why they want me too."

You told your story without looking at Thor and he moved to sit beside you, gently rubbing circles on your back.

"Nothing is going to happen to you," Thor said softly. "I gave you my word."

"I don't even know what they want this time," you muttered, finally looking at him. "I'm scared."

"I understand but you need not be afraid. We will all protect you, okay?" Thor replied, offering a hint of a smile.

You nodded and a sigh left your lips.

"Good morning, by the way," Thor said before placing a quick kiss to your temple in an attempt to distract you.

"Good morning," you replied with a small smile. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did," Thor said quietly.

"We should get ready. I know that my uncle wants us all to have a meeting."

Thor nodded before standing, offering his hand to help you stand as well.

"Thank you," you whispered, standing chest to chest with Thor.

He couldn't help but laugh breathily before kissing you quickly.

"Get out of here before people start to talk," you teased, playfully pushing him.