author's note

Hello Reader!

I am thrilled (and nervous) that you decided to read my book! But before you enter Seaside University, I want to address a couple of things.

THE SILICON VALLEY CONNECTION was crafted from a difficult and reflective part of my life. While there are "feel-good, fluff" moments, personally, this book was written for me to heal. The content warnings do tie into the own-voice representation and play a significant role in understanding Faith and Aidan as separate characters and their initial friendship to eventual relationship. With that being said, this book mentions or refers to the following heavy topics: flashback memories of recovering from an abusive relationship, slight description of sexual harassment (unwanted touching), discussions of mental health topics (anxiety, eating disorder recovery), racism & sexism, sexual content (fade to black), death (off-page & threats), and an unintentional queer outing by the main character's father.

There is also a fair amount of swearing in this book.

All in all, I hope that I, the author, handled the topics, my characters, and most importantly you, the reader, with care.

P.S. Here's a link to my book's playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7qI1SKaV4XRPgUWIA9kyBF?si=fuSy5hb3TGS1fAOfE4Vqcg