Chapter 1:12

"Ugh can you believe how much homework they've given us? It's the first week as well!" Bellatrix sulked.

Holly had made her way back to her dorm to find Bellatrix and Narcissa already engaging in their homework.

"How about your homework Holly?" Narcissa asked, looking up from her textbook.

Holly got up from her bed where she was sitting and made her way round to sit next to Narcissa.

"I did it already."

"Whaaaaat?!" Bellatrix dropped her quill, mouth open in shock.

"Yeah." Holly shrugged, "It was pretty easy"

"Easy?! It's bloody hard!"

"I can help you if you want?"

Bellatrix was about to respond before Narcissa cut her off, "No, Holly, you will not be doing Bella's homework. She has to do it herself."

"Fine by me" Holly exclaimed before making her way to the door.

"Where are you going?" Bellatrix asked.

"Oh um I'm meeting Sirius." She was actually going to meet Lucius about something that was concerning her, but didn't want to tell them because they would start asking questions. The less they know the better, she decided.

"Did you talk to him about the plan?"

Holly froze. Now that Bellatrix and Narcissa weren't involved with the plan, there was no reason to update them about it now was there? But on the other hand, they did help her create the plan so she did owe them an explanation.

"Well um Sirius doesn't want to go along with it" Now this wasn't entirely a lie. She didn't want to tell them about Sirius' friends doing the plan instead of them, just in case it caused a bit of conflict. So technically, Sirius didn't want to go along with the plan with them, but still wanted to do it. She couldn't bare to tell her friends that they were being replaced.

"What? Why not?" said Narcissa, bewildered.

"Yeah um he said there was no point to do it"

"His loss" Bellatrix shrugged.

"I just hope he's doing ok," Narcissa said, concerned for her friend Sirius, "I can come with you to check up on him?"

"No!" It came out harsh and Holly quickly covered her mouth, surprised that it came from her.

"Oh, ok then" She sat back down, defeated.

"Sorry, what I mean is," Holly had to take care of the situation fast before anything started to seem suspicious, "Of course you can!"

"Really?"

Holly nodded. Great, now I have to change my plans, she thought.

Narcissa started to put her books in her draw, and joined Holly at the door.

"Don't look at my book for the answers!" She threw over her shoulder to Bellatrix and the door slammed shut.

****

"So where are we meeting him?"

Holly led Narcissa through the corridors of Hogwarts, trying to buy some time. She was supposed to be meeting Lucius privately but seeing as Narcissa wanted to tag along, she had to change her plan. At least this gave her time to think of one.

"He didn't tell me a specific place," Holly replied.

As she turned the corner her body slammed against something, causing her to fall back. Books flew all over the floor, followed by pieces of parchment. Rubbing her arm to relieve the pain, she looked up. "Remus?"

"I'm so sorry Holly, are you ok?" He held out a hand for her to take but she ushered it away.

"Yeah I'm fine"

Remus knelt down and started picking up the books he dropped.

"Um Holly who's this?" Narcissa questioned after helping Holly up.

"Narcissa, this is Remus. Remus this is Narcissa"

Remus stood up, books piled in one hand, and eyed Narcissa carefully.

"You're friends with Sirius as well aren't you?"

"Well I wouldn't really say friends..." she bent down and picked up a piece of parchment from the floor which was folded twice down the middle. She opened it and before he could take it from her, she started to inspect it. It was a map of Hogwarts school with scribbled writing along the margins of it. He quickly snatched it from her and shoved it down the pocket of his robes.

"Hey!" Narcissa exclaimed.

"That's private," he claimed.

Before Narcissa could respond, Holly chimed in, "Well I'm so glad I bumped into you Remus because we were just looking for Sirius. Do you know where he is?"

He fixed Narcissa with a cold stare, "No." He looked at Holly, "I actually need to talk to you. Privately."

Holly looked at Narcissa who lightly touched her arm, "It's ok. I'll see you back at the dorm" and she left.

****

"What did you want to talk to me about then?"

Holly was following Remus who was going back to his common room, curious to why he wanted to talk.

"I didn't"

"What? But you just said-"

"Yeah but I said that to get Narcissa off your back"

"How did you-"

"I could tell you were uncomfortable with her there.. I don't know why but.."

"I'm not uncomfortable with her.. I just had something else I had to do"

They had reached the Gryffindor common room, and they stood in front of the portrait.

"Well whatever it is," he smiled "you are now free to go"

She jokingly bowed, "Thank you very much"

****

"Are you sure Regulus won't come?" She asked.

"He's got homework which he's doing in the dorm so I doubt it, besides he hardly comes to the library"

Lucius and Holly were sitting at a table at the far corner of the library. It was nearly curfew meaning not many were present.

"So I wanted to talk to you about something.."

"I can already tell," he smiled, "So what's wrong?"

"Nothings wrong. I just have a proposition"

"Oh?"

"Well seeing as you see Sirius regularly cause you have more lessons with him than I have and I have no way of communicating with him, could you be our owl?"

"Your owl?"

"Yeah like how an owl passes letters from one person to another, you could do that for me and Sirius?"

"Alright then, if it helps you keep in touch" he agreed.

"Thank you Lucius!" She got up from her end of the table and was about to embrace him in a hug before he put his arms out to stop her.

"I just got these beautiful robes steam ironed professionally"

"Oh" She stepped back, embarrassed.

"But," Lucius got up from the chair, "would you care for my arm?" He extended his arm for her to take.

She giggled and put on her best posh voice, "Why that would be wonderful"

****