Chapter 1:20

Authors Note: I'm going to start doing this from different people's POVs just so you can understand the characters in more depth. However, it will still be written in 3rd person. Enjoy and leave some feedback!

~Holly~

The Slytherin Common room was nothing like Holly would have expected it to turn out. Banners streamed across the ceiling in a zig-zag pattern, food had been placed at the centre of the table and some light music drifted through the air. It was perfect.

"I hope you've got the guest list sorted Holly." Bellatrix said, focused on hovering the candles with a spell she learned about in Charms.

"Yep, it's all sorted" Holly exclaimed.

Bellatrix stopped her wand mid-air and turned to face Holly, narrowing her eyes, "Exactly who did you invite?" she asked.

"Oh just a bunch of 1st years."

"Right... and?"

"And?"

Bellatrix sighed, "I know you invited Sirius, Holly. I'm not stupid."

"Is that going to be a problem?"

"'Is that going to be a problem?'" Bellatrix mimicked, taking a seat on the sofa next to Holly, "Of course it's going to be a problem. Sirius would be the only Gryffindor at a Slytherin party."

"So?"

"You really don't get it do you? Holly, it's not going to work out great just trust me on this. Please un-invite him."

"No. Sirius is family to Narcissa and she'd want him there."

"No she wouldn't. Holly just please, tell him not to come. And if he has any sense, I don't think he'd come himself."

****

~The Marauders~

"So why can't you come then?" James asked. They were all in their dorm, packing their bags as the last day of school was drawing nearer and nearer.

"I told you James, I have to be somewhere. We can do the preparations another time. I don't understand why we have to do it so early anyways, we don't finish school for another 3 days"

The marauders had planned a sort of 'end-of-school-year prank' that they wanted to start preparations for, and had been planning for months. Pranks had now become their speciality. They all enjoyed laughing at someone else's embarrassment, especially Severus'.

"And where exactly do you have to be that's so important?" Peter asked.

"Yeah at-least tell us." Remus continued.

Sirius sat up in a sitting position. He had been lying on top of his bed, chucking his wand up and catching it, repeatedly, clearly bored. "Well lads I wasn't going to tell you because I didn't want you to get jealous but I, Sirius Black, has been invited to a party."

"A party?" James repeated.

"Yes dear James, a party." Sirius spoke in the poshest voice he could.

"What sort of party?" Peter asked.

"A birthday-party."

"I meant whose." Peter said.

"Oh, Narcissa's'"

"Narcissa?" Remus dropped his book on the bedside table and slumped on his bed, "and whose Narcissa?"

"Like I said," Sirius got and made his way to the bathroom, "she's family."

"The Slytherin family?" James tilted his head.

Sirius stopped mid-way to the bathroom door, "And?"

"I don't think it's a good idea Sirius" said Remus, "Just think about it: you're going to be the only Gryffindor at a Slytherin party."

He slumped his shoulders and turned to face them all, "I hate to say it but you're right."

"Of course we are." Peter exclaimed.

"I'll have to tell Holly I've got urgent plans." Sirius spoke, clearly trying to think it through properly, something he doesn't do often.

"Which is what you should have done in the first place," Remus spoke matter-of-factly, folding his arms across his chest.

"And speaking of doing things," James continued, "why haven't you packed yet?"

"What do you mean?" Sirius exclaimed, moving back towards his bed, "I've got everything I need right here," He said pointing my towards a pile of clothes, "And I was just about to get my toothbrush before you toads rudely interrupted me."

"Sirius," James sighed pinching the space between his eyes, "that's just a pile of your dirty clothes."

"Yeah," He smiled, "all I need."

"Um maybe you should pack some other stuff like clean clothes, your books and other belongings which you've  kind of got sprawled all over the place at the moment..." Remus spoke gesturing to the space around Sirius' bed. 

"Oh I don't need to pack those."

"You don't?" Peter asked.

"Yeah I've got plenty of that stuff at home. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go get my toothbrush." And Sirius started towards the bathroom.

Peter leaned over towards Remus and James, "Is anyone going to tell him we're still here for a couple of days?"

"Oh Sirius.." James sighed.

****