Chapter 34

The last chapter was dogshit I'm so sorry. This chapter is going to be longer. 

Yoru was just staring at her. "You won though." She gave him a look. "So you don't want the date thing?" she drawled. He rolled his eyes. "Of course I do." She grinned at him. "Then pick a day rift boy." With that, she walked out of the training room, leaving Yoru just staring at her. He chuckled to himself. Well now Phoenix can ask Jett. That'll be hilarious. He walked out of the training room to find Phoenix about to kiss Jett. He coughed and turned away, the two instantly breaking apart. "Did I interrupt something?" he said. Jett turned red and Phoenix laughed nervously. "Oh uh nothing bruv. Did Skye beat your ass?" Yoru gave the Brit an absolutely devilish look. "Nope! So you lost the bet." Phoenix turned the same shade of red as his unofficial girlfriend. Jett shot Phoenix a look. "What did you do this time?" Phoenix was still red, so the Japanese agent explained for him. "I bet Skye that if I beat her in a one v one, I get to take her out on a date." Jett's face broke out into a grin. Yoru just smirked at her. "The fire boy over there also bet that if I won, he would have to ask you out on date." Jett's smile turned on Phoenix, raised her eyebrows, and turned to Phoenix. The Brit was busy twisting one of the gold rings on his fingers.

"When, exactly, were you going to ask me?" asked Jett. Yoru's eyes widened with barely restrained laughter. The Brit pointed to him. "The cool kid is standing right there. What if I wanted to ask you in a different situation?" Yoru smirked at Phoenix. "I'm flattered you think I'm cool." The Brit outright glared at him, no doubt thinking about punching the smirk off of Yoru's face. Jett poked Phoenix. "Are you going to ask me or not?" She shot a look towards Yoru. "Go find your girlfriend, dumbass." Yoru walked past them, avoiding the foot Phoenix shot out in an effort to try to trip him. 

---

"Are you sure this is going to work?" asked Viper. Sage had called her and Omen to see if she could put him back into a body. Sage summoned a heal orb, letting it float in her hands. "I'm 90 percent sure. I am stronger for us all now." Sabine pinned her poisonous eyes on her. "The last time you said that, he ended up as a ghost," she said thickly. Omen set his hand on the chemist's shoulder. "I trust Sage now. It is alright Sabine." Viper sighed. "Fine. Fine. Let's get this on with." Omen turned his attention to the healer. "What do I have to do?" Sage shook her head. "You have to do nothing except just stand still. I'm going to be doing all the work." The sentinel flexed her fingers and let the healing orb that was in her palm settle into Omen. She closed her eyes and when she opened them again, she found herself standing in shadow realm. Her throat went dry and her hands began shaking. Stop it Sage. Focus. The healing light began radiating from her palms, spreading through the shadows that made up the wraith. The shadows morphed to flesh, melting into ebony hair, forming piercing blue eyes. 

The shadow realm pulled back to bright light. She collapsed to the floor, Viper crouching down next to her. "Well you did it," said Sabine. When Sage looked back, she found a dark haired, blue eyes, pale skinned human studying her. "Well done Sage," said Omen. His voice was still the same deep, raspy voice as before. She shakily stood up, leaning on Viper for support. "Y-you look great," she said. He looked way better then she thought he would. She thought that it would go sour and he would still be half shadow. Not like...that. Sage straightened and brushed off her sleeves. She was the healer. She must be the one who is always in control. Unlike Raze. Or Jett. Or Killjoy. Or anyone else. 

"You are free to go and train if you like. Please come and tell me if something happens," she said, her voice much smoother then she felt. Omen nodded and walked out the door, leaving the two female agents in the medbay. Viper gave Sage a rare smirk. "Awestruck are we?" Sage gave her a confused look. "No it's just that I thought it might go wrong." The smirk on Sabine's face didn't fade. "You thought he was cute, didn't you?" Sage choked. "Well I just wasn't expecting him to look like that, that's all." Viper gave her a knowing smile and sighed. "Fine fine. I'm heading back to the lab. Maybe you should check up on Omen in a bit," said the chemist, sending her a knowing look. Sage sent her a look back. Viper just turned and waved before heading out the door. 

Sage sighed. It's just starter feelings. It'll fade soon enough. Sage went back to her room to sleep. She was tired after all of the sleepless nights and the healing, so maybe she could get some sleep. Unless Raze comes banging on my door for training. 

---

Omen flexed his fingers. His human's fingers. Those Kingdom bastards had been wrong. He can become human, and he did, with Sage's help. It felt weird being in a human body. He still retained his powers but when he summoned the shadows, he didn't feel the coldness he'd felt as a shadow. Like the warmth from his body nullified the shiver of the shadows. Astra walked in, her jaw dropping. "OMEN! YOU LOOK GREAT!" she hollered, running over to him to get a closer look. She squinted at him. "What?" he said. She laughed. "It's strange not looking at you and instead of three glowing lines, it's a human face." He rolled his eyes. What a strange expression. He could never do that before. He couldn't do facial expressions at all before. Another thing to learn. Jett and Raze walked in, their faces twisting in shock, Astra heading off to train. Izzie bounced over, Jett dashing behind her. "WOW YOU LOOK AMAZING OMEN!" exclaimed Izzie. She held a sugar stick to him. He frowned at it and opened it. "Raze are you sure this is healthy?" The girl gave him a thumbs up, Jett shaking her head. He dumped some of the sugar into his mouth, wincing at how sweet it was. "Raze why is it so sweet? This is not how I imagined sugar would taste like." Izzie frowned. "It tastes good thoughhhh," she replied. He ate some more, getting used to the taste. "Does all candy taste like this?" Jett muttered something that sounded like "Here we go again" and Raze took his hand and dragged him out the training room door. "I'll give you some more come on!" Jett followed the girl. "I'm only coming with you because Omen is going to get a headache from you." Raze smiled wide. "More the merrier!"

Oh gods above, Izzie is going to get them both sugared up. Sage isn't going to be happy. Anyway, good luck to your Valorant matches and don't forget to vote and comment! Until next time loves.

(1.2k words)