8 - Unsaid Emily

First Things FirstWe start the scene in reverse

First Things First
We start the scene in reverse

_____

    Some people from Julie's school starts to take pictures with her and they leave, Nick walks up.

    "Can I get a selfie too?"

    "I have to check with security." Nick chuckles as Julie looks around jokingly. "Oh wait. I don't have any."

    "Yeah, you laugh, but after last night's performance it's pretty clear: you guys are gonna blow up."

    "Pfft! It was just a garage party. Don't go all crazy on me."

    "Um, sorry I couldn't stay for the whole thing. I had a ton of homework."

    "It's fine. Thanks for coming."

    "Thanks for inviting me."

    "See you around." Julie goes to walk past but Nick stops her.

    "So, um, listen. Since we make such a great team, you know, with the dance and everything...and, uh, you have an A in history, any chance we could be study partners?"

    Julie chuckles awkwardly. "I'd love to, but with the band, I'm not sure I'll have any free time. Sorry."

    "Oh, nah, no worries. Um...Then, I'll ask you this: any chance you could find time to go on a date with me?"

    "Wow, Nick wants to go on a date with me." Julie says to herself but Nick hears her. "You'd know that, cause you're him."

    "I am." He chuckles.

    "I'm flattered. Really. You're great. Really great." She chuckles

    "That doesn't sound like a yes." Julie sighs. "You...you like someone else, don't you?"

    "Yeah, kinda."

    "Guess I, uh..." Nick chuckles awkwardly, "missed my chance. Um...Ok, then. Still dance partners, right?"

    "Yeah. Of course."

    "Ok. And awkward exit. Um...See ya."

    Julie waves at him. "See ya." Julie rubs her forhead.

    "Well, that wasn't just a 'Whats up'." Flynn smiles.

    "Nick wanted to go on a date." Flynn gasps. "And I said no."