3 - Flying Solo

_____

    The school stands in silence and Julie smiles awkwardly.

    "Hey, where'd the rest of the band go?"

    "Wait. Were those holograms?" One of Carrie's backup dancers asked.

    "Yes! Yes, they were holograms." Julie chuckles lightly. "Um, I plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. I'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff." The students cheer and clap.

    Freya leans on Luke's shoulder. "Thats wild. They could see us when we were playing, but not when the music ended."

    "We should double check." Reggie climbs up the steps and shakes his butt, which makes Freya laugh. "Yeah, I don't...I don't think they can see us."

    "I wish I couldn't see you." Alex quipped.

    "Ok, people, shows over. Let's get back to class, please" The principle says.

    Reggie goes to one of the backup dancers. "Hey there. Hi. Reggie. Could I maybe call you some time? Whats your number." Freya rolls her eyes with a smile and they poof out the gym.

    "Rey, you were on fire." Luke says.

    "You too. Especially with, Reggie." Freya bumps Luke in a playful manner with a smirk on her face, Luke blushes. "Amazing, don't sweat it, Luke. Reg?" He smiles and they both hug, they stay in eachothers arms. They pull away then Luke gets on Reggies and Alex's knees. Freya claps her hands and waits for Julie to make her appearance.

    "Julie!"

    Julie screams. "You! Stop doing that! I'm serious."

    "Woah! This one's all on you. We were already here. Well, actually, we were over there, and then we came over here."

    "Are we not gonna talk about what happened." Luke speaks up.

    "Yeah, the whole school saw you. It's kinda freaking me out."

    "Ok, good, 'cause it's kind of freaking me out too. You know, you could see us, and people could see us whenever we play music. And my clothes are made of air, but for some reason, I'm still getting a wedgie." Freya rubs Alex's back, Julie and Reggie both scrunching up their face. "So many questions."

    "The important thing is that we rocked that place. They were loving you!"

    "Are you kidding? They loved us. That was a great song, Rey and Luke. Thanks." Freya smiles brightly.

    "And did you guys see the cheerleaders looking at me? I think they were looking at me." Reggie grabs Luke's shoulders. "Please tell me they were looking at me." Julie chuckles.

    Luke grabs Reggies face. "Bro, they were looking at you."

    "Oh, I knew it."

    Freya leans into Alex's side. "They weren't the only people looking at him." Freya nudges Alex and he smirks looking between Reggie and Luke.

    "I'm so...I'm so confused, you know? The afterlife should come with instructions or a quick start guide or something." Alex added.