31.) A Break in a War

"It should land here in this time and area." Code informs Isshiki who floats down a hill and near a creek. There was a certain artifact he was looking for that belonged to the Otsutsuki and would be the most important feature of his plan.

"There it is." Isshiki sticks his hands in the creek to grab an object similar to a rock.

"Karasuki, a time traveling agent for the Otsutsuki." Momoshiki says factually. "What are you planning on doing with it?" Isshiki ignores this question and forms a portal back to the Kara headquarters.

.

In the Kara base, Code stops Isshiki.

"Whatever "big" plan you're forming is going to need a lot of chakra. You need time to replenish all the chakra you lost fighting those idiots all those years ago." Code says. Isshiki only smiles.

"Well you're going to fix that. Get that boy, Code. I want him alive."

———

A week had passed and there was no sign of Momoshiki or Code. Some of the seriously injured shinobi had been sent home and the majority of the reanimated people had been sent back to the dead. The hokages and many of the shinobi still stayed at the headquarters in case battle fell.

"Would it be safe for you all to return home at this point?" Temari asks in a video chat from Konoha to the war headquarters.

"I do admit that running the village as a backup Hokage is very hard work," says Shikadai from the hokage's chair.

"Hey Shikadai, don't get too comfortable on my wife's chair!" Boruto humours.

"I won't, I promise." He laughs.

"We can't guarantee anything at this point. In my time, war would go on for months. I say it's best to stay here and make sure everything is alright." The second hokage suggests.

"Is it possible to just send the kages back to their villages and everyone else stays here?" Shikadai tries.

"If everyone else is here at headquarters while the only shinobi in each village is wounded, too young or too old, then it would be a great risk for the village and the kage." Shikamaru insists.

"I guess the better idea is to just stay here, I assume. But we still need to send powerful shinobi back to protect the village." Sarada says.

"I guess that concludes it," Naruto says. "Kages, I hope you'll inform your villages of the plan?" The kages nod their heads and leave to inform their staff in their own villages.

Suddenly, a shinobi enters the headquarters main room.

"Lord eighth, Saruto isn't at his medical room." Konohamaru, Naruto, and Boruto all stand up instantly and race to the medical bay in headquarters where Saruto was gone from.

The trio come into the medical room to find a cleaned up room and a neatly folded bed. Sasuke enters behind the three.

"He's training." Sasuke says to the panicked three. Sasuke leads the men out of the room and into a grassy area near the headquarters building. Saruto jumps in the air and Orochimaru strikes Saruto with his infamous snake arms. Saruto strikes back with lightning formed into snakes, a jutsu Mitsuki regularly uses... but without the snakes of course.