Turnabout At The Ready - 3

"...Ema Skye!"
Ema Skye walked up to the witness stand. As per usual, she was eating some snackoos.
"Witness. You will state your name and occupation." The Judge asked.
"Ema Skye. Homicide Detective." Ema was still munching on her snackoos.
The Judge sighed. "Witness. There will be no snacking whilst you are on the stand."
"...this is a special case your honour. I have given my permission for it..." The Prosecutor trailed off.
"Why can't we eat then Apollo?" Athena burst out. "I'm hungry too!"
"Athena. You do not want to see Ema when she hasn't got any snackoos." Apollo rubbed his neck. " Trust me on this one....okay?"
Athena pouted.
"Well I suppose...anyway. The witness will testify about the case." He Judge banged his gavel.
WITNESS TESTIMONY - ABOUT THE CASE
"The victim MUNCH, Gregory Fale, was crossing a bridge above a busy road.
He MUNCH stopped for a while and observed the view below him.
According to MUNCH witnesses of the incident, the defendant approached him and they argued.
This was followed by the MUNCH defendant pushing him off the side of the bridge."
(So many munches...)
"Defence, you may begin your cross-examination."
CROSS EXAMINATION - ABOUT THE CASE
"...According to MUCH witnesses of the incident, the defendant approached him and they argued."
"Hold it!" Apollo yelled. "Was there any connection between the victim and the defendant?"
"They met once before MUNCH but that's about it." Ema wasn't paying much attention. "But you would already know about that if you investigated of course." She did a smug face towards Apollo.
(And...we didn't. She knows that)
"Apollo?" Athena turned to him. "Can I ask a question?"
"Shoot." (Anything that can help us I suppose)
"What exactly did they argue about?" Athena asked.
"No idea. The witnesses say they didn't know." Ema munched.
"...Apollo! I may have found something!" Athena grinned.
"What is it then?" Apollo turned his head slightly.
"Watch!" Athena stood back.
(Please be what I think it is...)
"Objection!" Athena pointed her finger. "You say it was a 'busy road'. So, why wasn't the victim saved?"
(It wasn't...sort of)
"Objection." The Prosecutor sighed. "Roadworks."
"Huh?" Athena was slightly shocked.
"At the time, roadworks were being done. And at the time if the murder, nobody was there except the defendant, victim and two witnesses. The two witnesses were viewing the crime from below. Does that solve your problem?"
"Ack-!" Athena's mouth dropped open.
"...witness. Please continue your testimony. Defence, since this is your first time, there will be no penalty. But be warned. Any more and you will lose you case." The Judge banged his gavel.
'A-Athena-!" Apollo whispered.
"S-Sorry! My bad!"
(Actually...there was something I spotted...)
"Objection!" Apollo pointed.
"S-So soon? The Judge looked shocked.
"One. You say the defendant 'argued' but why would she argue with someone she only met once? Two. If the witnesses knew that they argued." Apollo started to shout. "Then they would at least have an idea of what they where saying if they could tell it was an argument!"
"So are you saying your done with this witness then?" Prosecutor Bloom rested her arms on the desk. "Okay then. I'll just go ahead and call the next witness for you to cross examine then."
"Witness. You may step down now. Will the prosecution call their next witness..?"
---------------
End of part 3
---------------