Turnabout At The Ready - 12

Angelica hesitantly walked up to the witness stand.
"Your brother tells us that you did something at the scene of the crime...what was it?" Bloom smiled sweetly.
"You should know..." Angelica murmured. "You told me to wash your shoe prints off the side of the bridge...and get rid of your blood...because my brother wouldn't do it." She then slammed the witness stand. "S-She said that she would kill me and my brother too if we didn't co-operate-!"
Silence filled the courtroom.
"Prosecutor Bloom!" The Judge shouted. "Do you refute this statement or not?"
"Don't even bother lying!" Athena slammed the desk. "You were the true culprit behind this crime, weren't you?" She pointed.
Bloom looked up for a moment, seeming to be deep in thought.
"Prosecutor Bloom! Answer the question!" Th Judge ordered.
"...So, you want to know what I have to say...?" She pondered for a moment.
"Yes-!" Apollo stuttered.
"...Okay." She giggled. "I did it. I am Murder Rose. I did everything that has been said. I pushed the victim off the bridge. I ordered this girl to remove evidence..." Her hair fell in front of her face and she grinned. "...Happy?"
"WHAAAAT?" The Judge looked at the Prosecution in disbelief. "C-Can we take this, as your confession-?"
"Yes. Of course-" Bloom was interrupted.
"S-See! I told you! The defendant, Polly Bloom, is guilty!" Angelica shouted.
"Aww...such a naïve mistake..." The Judge said. "Bailiff! Arrest the Prosecution at once!"
Bloom was quickly seized and brought up to the witness stand.
"Prosecutor Bloom. At the end of this trial, you will be brought to the detention centre. Do you have anything to say?" The Judge asked.
"See! We did it Apollo!" Athena cheered. "Smile!"
"Athena, the trials still going on..." Apollo whispered.
"Defence...I have...something to say..." Bloom started.
"Do you?" Apollo rubbed his neck.
"This trial...the defendant. Think back to all the evidence that pointed to them." She stated.
(All the evidence...pointing to Junie...?)
"Come to think of it..." Athena started. "...all we've been hearing is about the Prosecutors guilt...haven't we...?"
"Yes...and...?" Apollo asked.
"Why do you think that? Why has that happened? Normally, it would be the other way around..." Bloom grinned.
(All the evidence...has pointed to Bloom. But this is a trial of...wait a second...she's right!) "Athena!" Apollo turned to face Athena.
"Huh?" Athena played with her moon rock earring.
"Think back to all the witness' testimony's. Think to who they were pinning the blame on...surely, you would think it would have been Juniper, right?" Apollo looked her in the eye.
"Well yes...I suppose..." Athena pondered.
"What if, someone, got it the wrong way round?"
"A-Ah-!" Athena jumped back.
"...For this is the trial of one, Juniper Woods..." Bloom laughed. "...Not yours truly...so why did all the evidence point to the Prosecution, and not the defendant?"
"Because..." Apollo pointed his finger. "Someone got it the wrong way round!"
"Wait...what?" The Judge dropped his mouth open.
"Normally, in a trial, if you were to pin the blame on someone, it would be the defendant, correct?" Apollo looked at a file.
"Well, yes, I suppose..." The Judge trailed off.
"So then why, did all the evidence point to the Prosecutor instead, and not the Defendant?" Athena pointed her finger.
"Because someone had it wrong from the start!" Apollo continued. "They shifted the blame on someone, sure, but they shifted the blame in the wrong person!"
"And that person...?" The Judge was confused.
"Think back to what we assumed as a 'naïve mistake'" Apollo stated.
"Ah-!" The Judge jumped back. "Do you mean...that was?"
"Yes!" Athena shouted. "That was no 'naïve mistake'!"
"It was what they simply thought at the time!" Apollo and Athena shouted together.
------------
End of part 12
------------
{gee what an awkward place to stop-}