Turnabout At The Ready - 10

Widget projected a screen in front of Athena. She clicked it a few times and played with her moon earring. "Hm...."
"W-What is it?" Apollo asked
"I'm getting an out-of-control emotion here..." Athena trailed off.
"O-Out of control?" Apollo put his hand on his forehead. What is it then?"
"...Happiness."
"Happiness...?" (Wait...what?)
"Guess the only thing we can do is to find what's causing it!" Athena grinned.
"...right..." Apollo looked at the screen.
Sure enough, the happy symbol was flashing...uncontrollably. Apollo looked it over and then turned to Athena. "I want your opinion about something..." He started.
"Sure. What is it?" She asked.
"What would seem more the cause of happiness...the victim or Bloom?"
"I don't really see why she should be happy about the victim...she DID witness his murder after all...Bloom on the other hand...maybe you should try it...?"
(She's not sure. That's fine. I'm fine-) "...Witness..."
"Hello!" Angelica waved.
"You feel happy...about the lady...right?" Apollo rubbed his neck.
"Um...well I guess I'm just glad that I'm helping you get the real killer...?" She bit her nails.
"!" Bloom clenched her fist again.
"So you have no idea why your feeling happy...?" Athena asked.
"Yep!" She bobbed up and down.
"Angelica, I think you do." Athena looked at Angelica. "Because if you didn't, your happiness wouldn't have rose just then."
"W-What-?" Her mouth dropped open. "Well alright...I guess I got too overjoyed that the fact that I saw someone do something...that no one else would have seen..."
"Knew it. Her emotions have returned again." Athena tapped the screen.
"So what does her emotions tell us?" Apollo asked.
Apollo looked at the screen.
'The lady over there walked up to the man! They started to shout at each other!' The happy marker lit up 2x the normal speed.
'All of a sudden, she pushed him!' The happy marker lit up 2x the normal speed.
'My bro cowered in fear! But I didn't see any reason for that!' The angry marker lit up.
'The lady then walked up to us, as if nothing had happened!' The happy marker lit up 2x the normal speed.
'Someone walked up to us afterwards...other then that, I don't think there was anyone else..." No markers lit up.
"...um, Athena-" Apollo started.
"I know it seems like a long shot, but go with your instincts!" Athena shouted.
(My instincts...?) "Witness. You appear to be extremely happy in most of this testimony. In fact, the only times when you aren't happy, is two incidents."
"Uh-huh..." Angelica nodded.
"I believe that when your emotions are extremely happy..." Apollo pointed. "You aren't telling the full truth!"
"...I-" Athena jumped back.
"The witness isn't telling the truth? Really?" The Judge eyed Angelica.
"Well sure, on parts like her brother screaming, she feels anger. Not happiness. The same goes for another part that we originally corrected her on. She feels no happiness. But the other statements..." Apollo slammed the desk. "She feels extremely happy!"
"Awww...was little Angelica lying to the court?" Bloom slammed her desk. "Why don't you really tell us what happened? Maybe?" She laughed.
"N-No! I won't tell you what happened-!" Angelica suddenly ran past the bailiff and ran out of the courtroom.
"B-BAILIFF! GET THAT WITNESS!" Bloom shouted. "DO NO LET HER GET AWAY!"
"Well Apollo, I think you've just found your rival for your chords of steel..." Athena grinned.
"She wasn't THAT loud..." (...Right?)
"I'm afraid we have lost our witness..." The Judge started. "Prosecutor Bloom. Any ideas?"
"...We COULD get Deamon to testify again...and maybe find out the reason for his sadness...with the defence's weapon...." Bloom leaned on the desk.
"Defence?" The Judge turned to Apollo and Athena.
"The defence would love to help!" Athena clasped her hands together.
"Well then it's settled. Please bring in Daemon again...and find Angelica at once!" The Judge banged his gavel.
----------
End of part 10
----------