25: alliance

♡

"So what's the deal with this alliance meeting?"

BTS, along with their prisoner and SHINee, sat around in their living room, helping each other clean up their grazes and bruises while Minjun hung tightly around Seokjin's neck.

The boy hardly gave him a moment to sit down before he was attached, the reality and fright of the day catching up to him.

Bangtan's darling chef allowed him, going as far as stroking his back tenderly while listening in on the discussion around him.

"We aren't entirely sure," Taemin said, "We received an e-mail about it and so we travelled here so that we could discuss it with you."

Namjoon hummed, "what's there to discuss?"

"They usually only do this if they're to scold someone, or if a new gang is joining us." Each of Bangtan's boys was staring with a plethora of different expressions; anxious, excited, scarily satisfied.

"I'd like to think we're meeting a new ally..."

This time in the back of the surprisingly clean van, Minjun's hands weren't tied behind him in a death grip

This time in the back of the surprisingly clean van, Minjun's hands weren't tied behind him in a death grip. Tears weren't pooling down his cheeks like lava and instead, he managed a slight smile while taking in his surroundings.

Namjoon and Onew, the pair of leaders, sat up in the driving area, while Minjun and the others were snug in the storage space behind.

The racks lining the alloy walls drummed excessively, making Minjun wince a few times due to the unsteadiness that he felt being sat under rows of crates and supplies.

As he was somewhat disabled with his injuries, Minjun merely observed the men converse and chuckle with each other. Beloved friends, catching up on life. Minjun watched the beaming expressions on everyone's face, the radiating happiness and a vivid sense of drunken excitement.

It was obvious, the few pairs of eyes flashing back to watch him momentarily.

"So, what's with the kid?" Jonghyun said, cheerily taking a sip of a hidden substance through a colourful straw. Taehyung hopped to his feet frantically at the words, stumbling ever so slightly as he marched towards Minjun and lifted him.

The teenager let out a gurgled huff in surprise at the action but allowed it as he and the older man sat down — him in the other's lap.

"This is Ahn Minjun," Taehyung declared, "you remember the Ahn's..."

"They had a kid?" Minho scrutinised Minjun with curiosity, observing his creamy, puffed up cheeks and his comely, dark eyes.

"Apparently so."

"How old are you?" Jonghyun averted his eyes from the gangster to the boy in his lap, graciously smiling and showing full interest in him.

"I'm seventeen."

"Are these wackjobs giving you a hard time?" Key chortled from behind his gang members, only half paying attention to their concise introductions.

"N-no," Minjun answered. He offered a sincere smile and pressed his weight against Taehyung's chest, the ache in his legs needing relief as he held his torso upright for too long. Instantly, long arms wrapped around him and he was overwhelmed in warmth from the gambler.

"Min is good to have around," Seokjin cooed behind his upturned beer can, "he's good at cooking and doesn't complain when you want to cuddle."

Minjun nodded drowsily at the words, "thank you fuh-for saving uh-us."

Taemin reached over and caressed the teenager's delicate hair, "anytime."

It was a little short of seven hours before the ill-fated van came to a permanent stop, Minjun waking at the unexpected lurch it produced. He still felt the heat of Taehyung's body but was displeased to realise that he would have to wake and move.

It was Jimin who lifted Minjun out of the comfortable lap and him who held him tight as Seokjin collected his crutches from the van.

The sky was a twilight, whirls of glimmering stars creating benevolent patterns around the moon.

"We're just going in this building," Namjoon pointed the teenager towards an office-like structure, "then you can rest properly." Minjun, tenacious and eager not to let anyone down, grappled forward on his crutches.

Yoongi and Hoseok walked almost side-by-side with him, yet it was due to Yoongi's debilitating condition and the lack of crutches free to him.

The five not-so-well-known gangsters danced around Bangtan, each holding their enthusiasm and friendliness. Minjun would be lying if he said he didn't feel comfortable around them.

"Hey," Taehyung slowed to a torpid pace to match Minjun's, "the boss doesn't know about you."

"Oh, okay," Minjun replied.

Taehyung, following earlier orders from the rest of his gang, spoke out, "we'll pretend you're our boyfriend.

See, if we told boss you were part of the gang, he'd start experimenting your abilities brutally as you hadn't gone through him first... and if we tell him you're a host- look I don't mean hostage but that kind of thing... he'll be pissed that you aren't being beaten or killed."

"But, I—"

"None of us are going to do anything to you, maybe just hold your hand around the boss." Minjun nodded, wordlessly accepting the insignificantly terrifying ordeal.

"If it's any consolation, we can't hold your hand while you're walking around on those crutches," Taehyung laughed, patting Minjun on the shoulder gently before falling into a contented silence as the duo walked through the warm nighttime.

They stilled behind Yoongi and Hoseok, allowing them the time to stumble through the front door before Minjun stepped into the heavily air-conditioned entryway.

His eyes spontaneously found the charming features of the lobby, glistening ornaments and grand-sized furniture.

"What is this place called?" Minjun asked beneath his breath, hoping the man accompanying him heard despite his unexpectedly muffled voice.

"Depends who you ask," Taehyung sighed while escorting the boy to the elevators on the opposite side of the gold-encrusted room, "we just call it our office, but boss calls it-"

"P Nation!"

hi ^.^ stream butter for clear skin, and thank you for 4k !!