58: snapshot

♡

With a tummy bursting with pancakes, Minjun packed his feet into a pair of mocha-coloured hiking boots. Luckily, they belonged to Hoseok and he hadn't needed to untie the shoelaces before wearing them. He stomped lightly on the ground to make sure his heels were meeting the sole and then turned to face Yoongi.

"Ready?" He asked with a suppressed grin.

Minjun nodded and waved quickly to both Jimin and Seokjin. The duo were stood in each other's arms, waiting by the front door to say goodbye to their partners.

Yoongi held the door open for Minjun, allowing the boy out into the open first. He watched as Minjun inhaled the intense air that lingers between winter and spring and shut the door behind him.

Yoongi lead Minjun through a nature sanctuary. Minjun, wide-eyed, gasped at nearly every bird and flower that he saw. At one point, he saw a Eurasian Moorhen, and the squeal he let out was enough to send a nearby frog springing out of its hiding place.

Watching the Moorhen subsequently fly to a more subdued scene, Minjun moped, "I wanted to take a photo with him."

"Then you should know that most animals don't like noisy banshee screams while they're resting," said Yoongi.

Minjun was able to get a photograph with the next animal, a dormant wood mouse. He beamed a humungous, cheesy grin at Yoongi and let the elder position his camera so that the mouse would be in the frame.

Yoongi moderately hoped that Minjun would misremember the photo since he was sure that the mouse wasn't just sleeping.

"Oh! Look-" Minjun hushed his voice as he regarded how loud he was being- "Look how cute!" His finger was outstretched and aimed towards a duck accompanying her half-a-dozen ducklings across the nature trail. Yoongi took a photograph of the scene, capturing the animals as well as Minjun's hand.

He answered in a small tone, "very cute."

They continued until the very end of the trail, where the pathway merged into the wildflower packed soil. As they turned to walk back down the path, Minjun grabbed ahold of Yoongi's sleeve and stopped him. He held his hands out, motioning for the camera hanging around Yoongi's neck.

The elder didn't think much about the situation when he removed the strap and handed Minjun his camera.

"Okay! Now face me and smile!"

Yoongi only flashed a grimace at the boy, "seriously?"

"Yes," Minjun said and watched Yoongi through the viewfinder, "now, hurry and smile!" Defeated, Yoongi did. Hands in his pockets and eyes hardly meeting the lens, he shone a half-hearted grin.

Minjun scrambled to the man after he shot the photo, "look how pretty you look."

Yoongi scoffed while looking at the picture, "I'm in a gang, I am not pretty."

"Sure, sure..."

Minjun kept ahold of Yoongi's camera after that. It seldom left his face, the boy took so many snaps of whatever he could see. When they returned to the holiday home, Minjun more or less threw the valuable item at his accompanying boyfriend, groaning about having tired arms. He just wanted to be the first boy inside.

Minjun's intuition proved valuable as he stepped through the door, crushed with hugs from at least four pairs of arms. 

After dinner, there was no hiding that Minjun was drained

After dinner, there was no hiding that Minjun was drained. What with the fresh air and an afternoon of combatting the boys on Super Smash Bros, Minjun couldn't help but let his eyes blink shut against Yoongi's shoulder.

The eight of them sat around the TV, curled up under blankets and throws and mashed against each other.

The screen showed a beautifully coloured Studio Ghibli movie; one that Jimin had insisted on.

"Is he asleep?"

Yoongi looked up at the sudden sound, noticing how Namjoon and Jin watched the boy beside him carefully.

Yoongi peeked at the boy and nodded, "I guess so."

"Cuddle him."

"What?" It took a lot of breathing for Yoongi to not yell his reply, exhibiting a flustered face.

Seokjin jostled Minjun's body with his own, prompting the semi-conscious boy to squirm onto Yoongi. He lay, his legs straddled over Yoongi's lap with his arms nestled beneath his stomach.

As he felt Yoongi's arms drape over his back, Minjun twittered his eyes open. He saw Seokjin smirking at the TV screen, and could have sworn that he saw the elder wink. He fell back asleep before he could think about it twice.

When the movie finished up, Yoongi was dumbfounded to find that Minjun still hadn't stirred and grabbed onto Namjoon's wrist the prevent the leader from departing.

"Help me with him," he implored.

With a cheeky grin and an unlikely giggle, Namjoon jerked his hand free and darted out of the room.

Yoongi sighed.

He shuffled himself to the edge of the couch. While Minjun was lighter than a teenager, Yoongi did not match Namjoon in strength and he knew it. He braced himself and puffed out, hoisting the two of them up.

Yoongi twitched, trudging gradually at first to test the waters. His hands were clenched so tightly onto Minjun's T-shirt that he was afraid he'd wake the boy from something so foolish.

Patiently, Yoongi lurched his way to Minjun's bedroom. He was so relieved, so close to collapsing when he made it to the bedside, that he merely dropped Minjun onto the mattress. It was luck that Minjun didn't seem to awake.

Yoongi, without caring to change or brush his teeth, flopped down beside Minjun and closed his eyes.

He was prepared to fall asleep for the night when he heard a sleepy voice mumbling, "good night Yoongi."

The gangster sighed drowsily and hummed in acknowledgement, "Sweet dreams...

... Cutie."

"