46: kiss

♡

"That's it."

Minjun's breath fluctuated and his eyes tried frantically to find the disembodied voice.

"I'm here."

A tsunami of sweat was already draining from below Jin's dense sweater.

"You're going to be okay."

A piercing agony squeezed his chest as if he were being impaled. He huffed out, a peaceful breath wrecked by staggering coughs and heavings.

"I'm going to touch you."

Minjun was ladled up with ease by Yoongi. Chest to chest, the two of them sat on the ground in the lobby. The pyromaniac sent a weary smile to his boyfriends.

"I'm going to count to five a few times."

Minjun desperately clung to the man's neck, hoping his suffering would be squished away.

"Try to breathe with me."

He wailed into the grey t-shirt in front of him.

"Come on, you're doing so well."

"Lift your head," Yoongi's hands assisted the younger in hoisting his head from his shirt, "focus on my face." His sepia eyes were gazing keenly down into Minjun's own, aspiring to find the boy's attention. His hands lingered on each of Minjun's cheeks and he maintained his mutterance of counting.

"Can you see me, Minjun? It's Yoongi, you're with Yoongi."

Minjun bawled out a half-hearted attempt at Yoongi's name before tearing his head out of the man's hold and digging it into Yoongi's neck. His shivering slowed and the perspiration on his skin evaporated, leaving just a mournful disorder of a boy on Yoongi's legs.

"You're doing great," Yoongi hummed quietly into Minjun's closest ear, "good boy." The hand that wasn't fastened around Minjun's waist was soon caressing his back, massaging encouragement through the plush hoodie.

"Can you stand up? We'll go upstairs," spoke Yoongi, his voice louder this time to bring Minjun back to reality.

The boy shook his head, tears and snot wiping against the arsonist's skin with each action. His limbs contracted around Yoongi's figure and the elder utterly sighed before looking up at the Bangtan Boys for some guidance.

"Just carry him," suggested Taehyung, "he isn't heavy."

That was enough for Yoongi to grapple up onto his feet, steadying himself while conserving a secure grip below Minjun. He stumbled for a moment or two. Yoongi wasn't the most heavyset gangster and due to that, he was lacking in strength a little.

"Don't wriggle now," Yoongi playfully warned. His face was tilted ever so slightly so that his cheek and nose rested on Minjun's head, eyes concentrated on the steps in front of him. Hoseok took the rear of them, in case Yoongi fell but he spent his time misstepping himself as he made silly faces at the boy.

The six boys embarked to the top of the stairwell and Yoongi took a breather before continuing through the passageway to their room.

"Do you want to sit on a bed or the sofa?"

Yoongi had hoped Minjun would at least point to whichever furniture he craved, but the boy only nudged his face down further and grumbled in response.

A joyous chuckle came from Seokjin as he strode in front of the struggling firebug, "I don't think you're allowed to let him go." Yoongi, although partly dreading it, knew that it would be the case since the boy first latched on.

He sauntered to one of the beds and gestured for Hoseok, who was already inhabiting one side, to help fortify some pillows against the headboard. He nodded in thanks before carefully lowering himself on the mattress.

Minjun, secure and horizontal, jerked his legs out from beneath Yoongi in a scramble before laying them on either side of the man's own. He released his hands, just placing them on Yoongi's shoulders. Of course, his face stayed in Yoongi's neck.

Hoseok held back some giggles at the way Yoongi looked like an adjusting mother.

"Look," Yoongi whispered, provoking Minjun to edge his head downwards so that he could see the bedroom filled with men. Taehyung was at the TV, the Netflix symbol whirring on the screen while the gambler thumped away at his phone.

Soon enough, the opening track to Pororo began blaring into the room. Minjun made sure his neck was comfortable before he got sucked into a trance at the cartoon.

"Careful of his tummy, Yoon," hummed Jimin as he huddled on the bed between Yoongi and Hoseok. The medic didn't think twice before he veered onto his side and squeezed the smaller boy into his body. It didn't take long for the elder to fall asleep against Jimin's arm.

Namjoon and Taehyung enveloped Seokjin, who had already lay himself in the middle of the next bed over. He embraced the warmth that the two imprisoned him with, a delighted grin on his good-looking face just seconds before he slipped into a dreamy sleep.

Pretty soon, only Yoongi and Namjoon were left awake.

Pororo still played in the background but the two paid no mind as the volume had dwindled. Yoongi was cautious as to not wake Minjun with his deepset voice and Namjoon watched in benevolence as the two had a conversation.

"Do you think he needs it?"

"What happened earlier wasn't because of what happened," Yoongi shook his head, "Taehyung mentioned a while ago that Minjun told him why he has that nasty scar on his shoulder."

"Oh?"

"He was attacked by a dog while saving his cat, a while ago."

"So he's afraid of them?"

"Exactly."

Namjoon's fingers kneaded the stubble growing on his chin. He watched the boy on Yoongi's torso breathe gently and synchronously with the man below him.

"He'll be okay," Namjoon comforted himself out loud, "we'll make him okay again."

Yoongi hadn't noticed the doe eyes pry open from beneath him, how they stared up at his face with awe and idolization. Neither had Namjoon seen the way that Minjun blinked at the arsonist each time his lips smacked together with every word he said.

Minjun seemed to have made a choice, right there, motionless on Yoongi's chest. The two gangsters hadn't the time to react before Minjun heaved his torso and slid himself upwards, smacking his face down onto Yoongi's.

It was rather aggressive for Minjun's first kiss. Insufficient experience and limited time. His teeth clinked against the elder's and he was sure the force wounded his lip.

It was the thought that counted.

The kiss only lasted as long as it took Yoongi to get over his shock and push the boy away. Minjun recouped from the shove with a humongous, merry grin.

 Minjun recouped from the shove with a humongous, merry grin