40: war

♡

Taemin and Minho stood together beside a set of tall wheely bins, looking keenly over at Onew, Key, and Jonghyun. The trio was well camouflaged behind a shed that was positioned in the back garden of their rival turf. Behind the three were Jisoo and Rosé, checking their magazines and encouraging each other. 

Lisa was a little further away, crouched out of sight from the main house. She transferred the gasoline, that was her only job - being so vulnerable still from the previous ordeal.

She left it with Onew, smiling at him and patting his shoulder before creeping down towards the getaway van. There, she stayed with Jessi, Dawn, and Hyuna. The four of them had walkies in every direction, each of the devices switched on and ready. Lisa sat with Hyuna, stepping over the excess weaponry and backup grenade in the process. 

Hyuna reassuringly squeezed her hand.

There were bodycams on each of the leaders; Namjoon, Yeji, Jisoo and Onew. All four feeds were displayed on a laptop that sat in PSY's lap from his situation at the wheel. He chewed on his fingernails, watching the soundlessness of everyone's journeys.

Yeji and her girls were located behind a hedgerow, metres away from the front door. They were near the boys of BTS. The seven gangsters and ITZY waited patiently with red-hot nerves for their signal. Taemin and Minho confirmed their readiness by holding their primed and qualified firearms in the air for a second or two, just enough time for the others to notice.

The same occurred with Jisoo and Rosé after they fixed the magazines back into the chamber. The pair of them flipped the safety off before hailing the weapons out for their allies to see. Jisoo's hands seemed to sweat against the raven-coloured grip, her courageous face unmatching with the flutter of nerves inside of her.

Onew, followed by both Key and Jonghyun, held up his gun with his thumb squeezing down on the hammer. He was outstandingly combat-ready to battle for his allies, remarkably Namjoon and his men. Once the brave leader himself observed each group's signs, he found Yeji's eyes.

She nodded and he murmured into his walkie talkie, "we're ready."

Namjoon didn't obtain a response but heard the humming of an electronic voice coming from the other end of the property. He watched as Onew listened and replied noiselessly before he reached for the gasoline tank. 

Careful not to get any on himself or the people nearby, Onew sprayed the bitter liquid around the margin of the shed.

The goal was to entice the enemies out for Bangtan and ITZY to make their search inside for Minjun. To have the shed burning for longer, not to disintegrate it within seconds - so, Onew kept a limited perimeter around the ignitable building as he poured and sprinkled.

He threw aside the dry tank and commanded his boys, as well as Jisoo and Rosé, that it was time to move. The five of them crept away from their hiding spot behind the shed, in clear sight before they ducked behind another hedgerow.