51: banquet

♡

Breakfast on the first day of April was one to remember. Traditionally, it consisted of the union sitting around an eerily calm dining table with set meals in front of them - notwithstanding their preferences. PSY would make any announcements he wished and then they would eat.

This time, Minjun accessed the room between Namjoon and Yoongi, holding both of their hands. His brownish eyes swelled at the wonderful display before him.

The complete dining table was overlaid with foods, a buffet in sense. Minjun's eyes first located a wooden dish filled with egg rolls. The steam from the plate danced and blended with that from the container of soybean paste stew, just alongside the eggs.

He could also see a saucer of egg fried rice, next to a bowl of kimchi fried rice. Street toast, steamed fish, braised tofu, bibimbap, walnut rice porridge, enoki mushroom pancakes, and dozens of courses that Minjun couldn't recognise.

He was over the moon as Namjoon insignificantly nudged him towards one of the seats. He sat, promptly accompanied by Jungkook and Jimin on either side. A housemaid scrambled over, as soon as the eight men were seated, and asked each male what drink they'd like.

There was a large order of dalgona coffee, sprite, and orange juice, but Minjun respectfully asked for strawberry milk, showing a bashful smile.

"Enjoy your meal," PSY beamed as he took his seat. As always, the jovial man sat at the head of the table, enclosed only by Jessi, Hyuna and Dawn. The four of them were already ladling servings of food onto their plates, tailgated by ITZY, Blackpink and SHINee.

Jungkook caught Minjun's attention as he stretched over the boy to grab a few slices of apple melon, "aren't you going to get some food?" Minjun heard him and was astonished, coming to apprehend that he was the only boy with an empty plate. Hurrying, he took a spoonful of feathery steamed rice and emptied it on the middle of his plate.

Next, he used a stray pair of tongs and served himself a few slabs of tofu.

Minjun grinned at the woman who set his strawberry milk in front of him, exposing a mouth full of ground rice. The maid smiled back. She wasn't going to be the person to grimace at such an innocent, cheerful face.

He was quick to finish off his braised tofu, chasing it down with his sweet-tasting milk. Strawberry didn't combine well with the tangy soy sauce on his tongue, but Minjun didn't seem to mind, satisfied hums falling through his lips. When all that adorned his plate was a few grains of rice, Minjun reached out, hands finding another serving spoon.

"Don't give yourself a stomach ache," Jimin proposed softly, hand petting Minjun's thigh, "ah, keep going, though! Just slow down, it isn't going anywhere."

Minjun took a spoonful of kimchi fried rice, ignoring the envious glance he received from Hoseok, and paired it on his dish with an egg roll. The egg was folded with green onion and diced carrot. He could have made himself sick with the speed that he inhaled such hot foods, forgetting to relish the delectable taste.

He finished his plate and slurped down the last of his strawberry milk, issuing a loud, contented exhale afterwards.

Jungkook turned to him, "do you want any more?"

Minjun let himself browse the half-empty dishes all over the somehow clean tablecloth, "no, I'm stuffed." Minjun was delivered another strawberry milk from somewhere behind him, the same hand taking his emptied glass. He was quick to gulp down most of the liquid at once.

Not soon after, PSY stood from his seat and cleared his throat, catching the attention of the gangsters, and Minjun.

He beamed in welcoming, "I'm sure you're all confused about the different layout of today's breakfast," he took a sip of his coffee, "It's my honour to tell you all that as of today, the mission has ended."

"I sent out my disposables, did my research, digging- you know, it appears as if it's safe for you all to return home now," said the man with a good-humoured smile, "you're all discharged."

Minjun let himself consider the man's words while his boyfriends and friends rejoiced amongst themselves. He'd be returning to that house, the one in which he was kept, tortured, and terrorised. He awaited a frightened, nauseating feeling to surge through him.

Alternatively, glimpsing up at the excited faces around him, Minjun felt pleased.

He wasn't entirely sure how to share the feeling with the rest of Bangtan, so Minjun offered Jungkook a fist bump. One that was delightedly and somewhat awkwardly accepted. Jungkook couldn't help but laugh at the youngest's behaviour, surprising Minjun insignificantly.

After breakfast, Namjoon told Minjun to visit Hyuna in her room and say goodbye formally, since apparently, the woman had taken a fondness to Minjun. He was obedient, taking Molang with him as he skipped down the hallway to her bedroom.

Jessi had been in the room with her, and the two ladies gave Minjun tender, motherly hugs, sending him on his way with enough head pats and pinched cheeks.

Upon reentering his bedroom, Taehyung quickly ran to Minjun's side, taking hold of his arm in order to drag the boy to one of the beds. Molang carefully hopped onto the bedsheets, while Minjun tripped over his feet and fell onto the inhabitant of the bed; Seokjin.

Jin grasped him and playfully brought him into a hug, his miniature body laying over the elder's chest. Minjun shrieked, arms flailing out in each direction until Seokjin freed him. He sat on his knees beside Jin's torso, pouting at the man with rumpled hair.

"We wanted to offer you something," said Namjoon as he sat at the end of the bed alongside Seokjin's legs, "there's a festival in Changwon, I don't know if you know already, the Jinhae Gunhangje Festival."

"I've heard about it," told Minjun, attentively listening to the man.

Namjoon smiled with a nod, "it started today, and with your permission, we'd like to travel down to Jinhae for a while to see the festival."

"Why do you need my permission?" Minjun chuckled. His hands found themselves drumming softly on Seokjin's belly while he acknowledged the leader's words.

"In case you wanted to go straight home," said Namjoon, "or if festivals aren't your thing."

Minjun grinned, "I'd love to go!"

He felt himself get tugged down into another hug by Seokjin, faceplanting his abdomen from the force. He giggled as he spat out some t-shirt fluff, eventually joining Jin in a cuddle on the mattress, properly.

Seokjin sighed and mumbled out, "just a little longer and we can pack our bags, okay?"