Chapter Sixteen

There he was, the devil himself. He stood tall, towering over most. Girls swooned as he walked by, the girl beside him gave them nasty glares.

"He really does know how to attract a crowd." Alden said beside her, taking a swig from his champagne.

"He's full of himself, that's what it is." She downed the rest of her drink and watched as Tom guided his date toward the dance floor. She saw the rest of the group dancing as well.

"Care to dance?" Alden extended his arm and she took it. They made their way to the rest of the students.

He put his hands on her waist and she locked her hands around his neck. They swayed together to the music his hands traveling down further by each minute. Alden began to give gentle kisses on her neck, sending shivers down her spine. She arched her back as he reached her sweet spot, making her quietly moan in his ear. He suddenly stopped, and she felt a figure approach them.

"Alden, you don't mind if I dance with your date?" The person said. Malina turned her head around, and Tom Riddle was before her. He looked even more breathtaking closer up.

"Of course not." Alden said, backing away from her. Leaving both Tom and Malina together.

"And what if I don't want to dance with you?" Malina said crossing her arms.

"Don't be childish Malina. Slughorn would love to see his two top students getting along. Wouldn't you agree?" Tom said, now extending his hand toward her.

Malina sighed and grabbed his hand. His arms circled around her waist and her arms wrapped around his neck.

Both of them didn't talk, they just stared into each others eyes. On instinct, Toms fingers began to trace shapes around her hips, her skin tingling with each motion.

He leaned in toward her ear, his breath fanning against her cheek and she could feel his soft curls along her forehead.

"You look beautiful." Tom whispered in her ear. her breath hitched and he held her hips tighter.

He pulled back slightly, looking at her plump lips.

"Is that what you told your date tonight? Where is she anyway, did she already leave you?" She scoffed. Tom's eyes weren't filled with anger, but amusement.

"Still jealous are we?" Tom said, smirking down at her. He still kept his face close, their breaths mixing together. "I told her I had something to do. It's none of your business anyway, Donovan" He finally put distance between them and Malina let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

"So you just left her? Wow Riddle, already breaking girls hearts and we're not even an hour in" Malina said, looking away from the boy.

The music ended and they stayed dancing and the next song played.

"What do you want Riddle, why take me away from my date?" She looked at him again, his jaw clenching.

"Meet me in the Room of requirement in a half hour." He let go of her and walked away, returning to his date.

Malina stood there anger soaring through her. Tom had been ordering her around too much lately, and he was getting on her last nerve.

She made her way back to Alden who was already kissing another girl. The group was over by the buffet, eating the sweets that slughorn provided.

She sighed, not wanting to join either of them. She made her way out of the party room and into the quiet corridor.

From there she could finally breathe and she made her way toward the room of requirement.

It would be a long time before Tom arrives and she decided to read some books that occupied the shelves.

Running her hands a long the spines, she took out an old black book.

The secrets of the dark arts 

She found a nice spot on the couch, adjusting her dress to get comfortable and started reading. She didn't even hear that someone had entered until she heard foot steps approach her. She turned around, and Tom walked across the room. His jacket now flung over his shoulder and his top button on his shirt had been undone.

She set the book down and he sat on the couch across from her. He eyed the book and then eyed her. She looked tired, more tired than usual.

"Why did you want me here, Riddle" She said, sitting up from her position.

"I came to invite you to Rosier's manor this holiday." Tom said, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his thighs.

"Why couldn't Rosier tell me himself? And why would you invite me, I'm not apart of your little group." She said, her voice rising in anger.

"After tonight, Rosier will be going home to his parents. He knew he wouldn't be able to tell you tonight because he'd be too drunk." He said, running his fingers through his hair. He turned toward the fire, jaw clenching as he did.

"Rosier's family invites every pure-blood family. Donovans are one of them. Since your parents are dead, his father thought it would be best to invite you yourself." Tom met her stare.

"I'm guessing you have no where to go so Rosier also offered for you to stay there the entire Holiday." He sat back on the couch, adjusting his shirt collar.

Malina didn't know what to say. He was right, she had no where else to go, she always stayed at Hogwarts for the holidays.

"Who else will be staying there?" She asked.

"It would be just you and me, everyone else lives close by."

Of course Tom would be there. She had no where else to go and now she was going to spend her Christmas with her enemy.

She sighed. She fell back and rested her head on the back of the couch.

"Fine, I accept your offer."

"Excellent, You, Rosier and I will be leaving the train together on Friday. Don't forget." He made his way toward the exit.

"You brought me all the way out here to tell me that? Seriously Tom, you keep on ruining my night." She said, now walking toward him.

"You could of told me at the party!" She poked her finger on his chest again. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her forward, their bodies clashed together.

"What have I told you? Don't touch me like that again." He said through gritted teeth.

"Answer me, Tom! Why bring me all the way out here!" She said pulling away from him.

He didn't answer her, but just looked at her with fury. Hands clenching at his sides.

"Of course you don't have a fucking answer!" She said chuckling, she scoffed and pressed her tongue to her cheek.

He made his way toward the doors leaving Malina standing in the middle of the room. But she didn't miss his last words on his way out.

"Alden doesn't deserve to touch you like that"

Hello everyone!! Another chapter down! I hope you enjoyed :)

-Z<3