Chapter Eighteen

The sun awoke Malina the next morning, the brightness coming in through her closed eyes. Her body was very warm and her headed rested against a hard pillow.

Wait.. the pillow wasn't hard last night.

Then it hit her. She was right on top of Tom, legs intertwined together. He held her tightly and her breasts pressed against his chest.

She made way to move under his grasp but he held on tighter, pulling her closer to him. She didn't know what to do, she knew Tom would be angry once he woke because of the position they were in and she did not want to witness that.

He looked peaceful. His eyes were closed and his soft curls fell over his forehead, she reached and moved them out of his face, getting a better look at the Slytherin boy.

"Tom." she whispered, still trying to wiggle out his tight hold.

"Tom." She said a little bit louder, but he only just grunted. She raised her hand, planning to slap him lightly, but he caught it before it reached his face.

"What did I say about touching me like that." He said groggily, his morning voice sent tingles in her lower abdomen.

He fully opened his eyes and they widened. His hands still held on to her tightly and her nightgown had risen up to her waist, showing her lace underwear underneath. The low neckline of the gown now exposing the top half of her breasts.

He gulped looking at her state. If someone were to walk in right at this moment, they would think they would be doing something very inappropriate.

"Tom." She whispered again, her voice sending a shock wave to his lower half. Tom loosened his hands on her waist and she climbed off, his body became instantly cold as her heat left him.

She adjusted herself, pulling down her nightgown and running her fingers through her hair. She sat at the edge of the bed and Tom stayed laying down.

"Rosier's gone for the day." Tom finally said, as she continued to comb out her hair.

"Oh." She said, "For how long?"

"He won't be back till tomorrow morning."

Malina's heart dropped. She had learned to enjoy Ivan's company and he was a great escape away from Tom. Now she had to stay in the house with him.

"I'll leave now." She said getting up from his bed.

"Donovan." He said, she reached the door and looked behind her.

"Don't forget to close the door."

She rolled her eyes, shutting the door all the way.

                                     ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻

Malina ate breakfast alone, Tom still had not left his room but she saved some for him anyway. She watched as the birds flew by the window and the squirrels collected their acorns.

The kitchen door opened and Tom came through, he was fully dressed in his usual white button up and trousers. She felt self-conscious in her nightgown and her night robe.

"Breakfast is on the stove." She said, point toward the eggs and toast she had made.

Tom grabbed the plate she made and sat across from her at the table. She continued to watch the outside world.

Tom's mouth watered as he took a bite of her food, he shoveled more in and he silently groaned. He had never had such good eggs before.

Once he was finished, he grabbed his plate and hers and walked to the sink, washing their plates.