Chapter Seventeen

Toms words had stuck to Malina's mind and she knew Tom could hear them. She did everything in her power to keep herself from thinking of the subject, but it had been ruining her. Tom had not talked to her since, and it was the day they were leaving for the Rosier Manor.

She could care less if Tom didn't want her sleeping with Alden, it was none of his business; and she decided that Tom would no longer order her around. She was done with his tasks.

Malina and the group stepped onto the Hogsmeade platform, putting their bags in the compartment where the luggage was kept.

Malina didn't know if she was supposed to sit with Tom or with the rest of them, until Ivan stopped her. He gestured to follow him and they reached the compartment with only Tom inside.

He slid the door open and Tom's eyes caught hers. He was dressed in a white shirt and trousers, his hair styled to perfection like always.

Tom didn't hold her gaze for long. His eyes went back to the book on his lap and Ivan sat across from him. Malina decided it would be best to sit beside Ivan, not wanting to stir the negative tension in the air.

"I'm going to go get some sweets from the trolley. Anyone want anything?" Ivan said, getting up after twenty minuets of silence.

Both Tom and Malina shook their heads no and Ivan left the compartment, leaving Tom and her alone. She didn't know what to do. She mentally cursed for not bringing a book. She looked out the window, watching the Scottish trees pass by.

She couldn't take the awkward silence anymore. Thoughts rushed through her head and she was worried Tom would be listening to them. Panic rushed through her as she tried to push all her plans and personal thoughts out of her mind. Image's of her and Alden passed through her mind and Tom clenched his jaw. That's how she knew she fucked up.

"Will you keep your thoughts down. I can't concentrate." Tom hissed at her. His eyes dancing with anger.

"I can't control my thoughts, Tom" she stated. "What else am I supposed to do then think."

"Go to sleep." He said, his attention was now back on the book.

"And have you murder me when I'm not looking?" She scoffed. "Nice try."

"Then stop thinking so loudly."

"How am I supposed to control the volume of my thoughts"

"I don't care just do it"

"You are incredibly stupid." She huffed. She had no other choice. She laid down on the compartment seat, closing her eyes.

"How am I supposed to sleep when you're breathing so loudly."

"I am not breathing loudly."

"Yes you are. I can hear you from here."

"For fucks sake Malina, just go to sleep." He snapped at her.

"I can't sleep like this." She sighed. The truth was she didn't like to sleep because of the nightmares. She always lost sleep over it and she definitely didn't want to have them in front of Tom.

She didn't even realize she was thinking those thoughts and Tom stared at her figure. Her eyes were closed but anyone could practically see the gears turning in her mind.

Tom sighed. Not even knowing what he was doing.

"The glare off the white walls was making my eyes hurt, and I asked him if he couldn't turn of the lamps-"

"Are you reading to me?" You could hear the smile in her voice. And when he looked up from the book, her eyes were open staring at Tom in excitement.