Chapter 8

Naruto slowly cracked his eyes open.

Black.

A wall of black was all he could see.

He blinked and the wall of black moved to reveal piercing red eyes filled with concern as the man in a teens body looked at him. "Nice to know you always get into trouble." Madara said unamused.

Naruto rolled over, staring blankly at the wall of the tree. 'Kit. We talked about this.' Kurama gently scolded.

"It's not my fault. I am just to sexy for my own good." Naruto said in a half hearted joking tone. He was still very upset that he almost killed his friends and family.

As if almost sensing Naruto's thoughts, Madara pulled Naruto into a gentle hug. "We are okay. You didn't hurt us." Madara soothed.

"That's not the point!" Naruto hissed. "I should have been paying attention! I almost turned fully into the Kyuubi! I used his power without even asking." Naruto whispered the last part horrified. He had made a promise with the Kyuubi a few years ago to not use his power like that without Kurama's permission.

Madara kissed his lips gently before pulling away. "You stress to much." The older Uchiha stood up and held out his hand. "Now come on. We have an exam to win."

Naruto hesitated but finally grabbed his hand. Madara pulled him up and steadied him.

Strands of red chakra surged from the wounds and almost seemed to stitch them all closed. Naruto sighed in relief. "That's so much better." Naruto groaned as he stretched.

"NARUTO-SAMA!" Hashirama called when he poked his head back in. "Please don't worry us again!"

Naruto gave a small smile and limped over to his older man times cousin or something like that. "I can't help it. My adorable face has to attract something."

"Brother!" Sasuke hugged Naruto. More like slammed into him like a cannon ball and almost crushed some ribs but whatever works.

"Get off of me youngling!" Naruto gasped, using Madara's term for the younger Uchiha.

Hashirama gasped. "You have been tainted by the grouchy Uchiha ways!" Hashirama said dramatically.

Madara closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Uchiha's do not grouch."  Madara pinches the bridge of his nose.

Naruto chuckled softly. "I thought we had a competition to win." Naruto turned to look at Hashirama.

"We would if you didn't try to burn down the forest." Hashirama mocked.

"That's not my fault!" Naruto gasped back dramatically, cheering up a little.

Hashirama grabbed his arm. "They are our enemies. We must leave." He whispered conspiratorially. "Wood Style: Groundhog!" They slipped into the earth leaving the Uchihas behind.

Naruto went straight into Commander mode. "Kabuto Yakushi."

"What about him?" Hashirama asked.

"He is a spy."

"How do you know? Is this another instinct?" Hashirama whispered.

"He put down my name on the First Exam and he knew classified information." Naruto started to walk through the underground tunnel.

"Okay but who is he spying for?" The Senju asked in a moment of stupidity.

"The people I have a feeling are going to ruin this Exam."

Just because I feel like it, I am going to leave you with a cliffhanger!

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!