Chapter 13

"Cameron? W-what's up?" I squeak. 

I hadn't talk to Cameron since our messy breakup which had involved Harry yelling at Cameron over Skype, which is why it was so puzzling that he had decided to pick up the phone and call me now. It was probably early in the morning in Australia, surely whatever he was ringing about could've waited. 

"I'm calling about your dad." Cameron somewhat explained before I asked him to elaborate. 

"What's wrong? What's happened to my dad?" I panic.  

"He, um, has had a small accident."  

"He has what?" I ask through the phone. I was well aware of what Cameron had said, but I felt numb and asked him to repeat words that I wasn't prepared for on the off chance I didn't hear him correctly. 

"He was in a small car accident. He isn't in a life threatening condition but he has a 1 or 2 broken ribs and a bruised ankle bone." Cameron explained through the phone. 

I can understand why Cameron was delivering the message to me. My mum was probably a mess, even though the diagnostic could have been so much worse and Cameron and his family had become close family friends with mine once we begun dating. 

"Oh, okay. Cameron, I have to go but thanks for telling me." I say as I draw the phone away from my ear only to hear a voice on the other end telling me to wait. 

"Yes?" 

"I'm sorry. If I could take back that kiss; I would in a heartbeat." Cameron said with a voice that was dipped in sorrow. 

"If only we could see the endless string of consequences that result from our smallest actions. But we can't know until knowing better is useless." I recite into the phone before hanging up on Cameron. 

I take a deep breath and spin on the spot only to see Niall standing at the bedroom door holding a box of donuts. 

"Hi," I breath out with a shaky breath. How much did he hear? 

"Hi, I brought up some donuts for us to share while we watch a movie." Niall said flashing me the case of an old classic, Grease. 

"Thanks Niall, but now isn't the best time." I say before turning my back in him and dragging my feet over to my bed, curling into a ball facing the window.  

"Is it something Cameron said?" Niall asked making his way over to the bed and laying down beside me, wrapping an arm around my waist. 

"Yes, but he didn't do anything. He apologised actually but I couldn't tell whether it was genuine so I just reeled off a quote from a book and hung up." 

"Is that why you're upset?" 

"No. He actually rang to tell me about my dad. He had a small accident." 

"Oh, is he okay? Did you want to fly back and see him? Us boys will pay for it if you want." Niall asked. 

"No, it's fine. He's okay; few broken bones, but he's okay." I say. I face my head so it's facing him and smile to show I'm alright, but really I'm not.  

"You know Allie I was thinking, maybe we should make our relationship public. Lots of photos of us have been leaked from different occasions and maybe it's time to do something about it. I completely understand if you don't -there is no pressure in doing this now- but the choice is up to you."  

Niall was simply the cutest thing. I don't know how many people would fly their other half overseas for a couple of days and back home again although I suppose not everyone has a international popstar as their boyfriend; but this whole thing about going public was somewhat concerning. The amount of hate I would receive would be astronomical and I'm not totally sure how I would handle that.