Cuddles

Marinette was trying to focus on her homework, but Chat kept butting his head against her legs. He wasn't actually a cat. Why did he have to act like one?

"Please stop, Chat," she sighed. "I'm trying to work."

"But, Purrincess," he whined. "I want to snuggle."

"We can when I'm done."

He rolled over and lifted his arms and legs in the air, silently pleading for attention.

She stared at him for a moment before sighing. "Fine, but only for a few minutes."

He practically leaped onto the chaise, settling down in a half upright position and holding out his arms, quivering with anticipation.

Marinette stood over him and crossed her arms. "If I snuggle with you for ten minutes, will you leave me alone until my homework is done?"

"Come on, Purrincess," he whined. "I can't wait that long."

"I'd get my homework done faster if you weren't so distracting."

"Are you saying I'm hot?" he grinned. "That you can't take your eyes off me? I know I'm irresistible, Purrincess, but I didn't think you would admit it."

"Ugh, stop it, Kitty, I'm serious. Do you want me to snuggle with you or not?"

"Yes! Yes, I'm sorry! Please, I need your cuddles."

"Do you promise to be quiet while I study?" she asked sternly.

"Yes! Now come on, M'lady."

"Fine," she said as she lay down next to him.

He wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in her hair, letting all his troubles slide away.

They stayed there for a lot longer than ten minutes but despite the lack of productivity, Marinette was satisfied with her evening.

I feel like this is kind of an alternate version of the previous chapter, but it's supposed to be a few days/weeks later. Thank you to my wonderful betas Moonlight of the moon and two others that haven't told me how to credit them.