Chapter Nineteen: Just So I Could Call You Mine

TW: rape, miscarriage

Sunshine didn't last for long.

Noelle knew that.

Asta knew that.

It couldn't and wouldn't last long, not just for them, but for everyone.

They didn't see it coming..why didn't they...? Why couldn't they? Why didn't they see the fall of it all, their buildup, their relationship, their happiness, why didn't they see that it was crumbling, that everything was breaking apart? Maybe because they were so excited? So deeply in love that they didn't notice the chipping, the division, the fracture. Every sunny day has its end, and for them, that end was nearing.

Noelle wasn't making a big deal about it them going on a date, but Asta was. He wanted their 'first second date' to be special. She could care less about special though. Things were back to how they were before and honestly, that's all she could want and hope for. Just him being with her was extraordinary enough. Asta acted like he needed to do something breathtaking for her all the time though. He knew she grew up in a rich household, and she liked nice things but not anything too expensive. She always told him that he was enough, and he was. Not a thing in the world amounted up to the happiness she felt when she was with him.

Still, though, their 'first-second date' was planned, all by Asta.

She couldn't and wouldn't complain about it. Every little thing he did for her was unique and personal; it made her so much more thankful for him. Who was she complaining about going on a date with him again when there were so many people in the world, just like she used to be, wishing for a chance with their true love. Wishing to be in the same situation and predicament that she was in now. Back in affection, back together, loving and in admiration for eachother. So many people wished for that...she used to wish for that! She wouldn't take it for granted anymore, the big things, and also the little things. All of it mattered, and all of it was important to her. She'd carve all the memories they make again, back together as boyfriend and girlfriend, deep inside of her heart.

It's a thirty-minute car ride, mainly filled with the pleasantness of the two just being themselves. There's music playing in the background, not too loud nor too soft. Not just any type of music either, Noelle's type of music. She wasn't a picky music type, in all actuality she could listen to anything. She enjoyed pop music, r&b, certain types of rap, and she even enjoyed when Asta would play rock music. Today she was listening to "Good Days" by SZA, which seemingly fit the mood to what was going to be such a good day. Or what was supposed to be anyway.

They had begun driving at eight pm, and with it being so late, Noelle honestly had no clue as to where they could be going. Unlike herself, Asta was so unreadable sometimes, especially when it came to surprises. Sometimes she never knew what he was doing for her, or taking her to, just like this moment. She didn't mind though, not one bit. She'd just be his girl, who was simply enjoying the drive, Asta's presence, the occasional jokes, and the kisses on the cheeks as they stopped at red lights. How his hand would surprisingly find her own and grip it tight and give her a reassuring squeeze or bring it towards his lips for a kiss. And she'd look at him, so astounded, so amazed that this was Asta. That this was the boy she fell in love with.

She was favorable, wasn't she? Fortunate and blessed. All the bad that happened to her didn't go away, but when Asta, it wasn't a part of her current self, it was a part of her past.

Noelle's surprised when they stop in the middle of nowhere. Other than the field in front of them, there's nothing. No buildings, no houses, no streetlights, blank. She turns to Asta, who has his signature grin on his face. That grin only makes things more confusing for her. Why were they here? What were they doing here? It wasn't every day where she was brought all the way to the complete middle of nowhere.