[90]

c h a p t e r - n i n e t y

The human world has fallen.

It was impossible to not suspect even the closest person sitting beside you if they are one of the experimental characters.

It was hard to go out without trembling in fear whilst passing by a stranger because of the possibility of them being a Supernatural, possessing an ability.

It was not just to another people you're interacting with. Even the foods they eat, or the beverages they drink, or the things they use — they are all meant to harm.

Maybe, this is why the human and supernatural's universe shall never meet.

But what did the realm really want to happen as they let you, someone who can live in both world, exist and live life in two different ways?

Why did they have to make you forget your memories and have a life in two different ways?

In millions and millions people living in our world, everyone wonders the same — as to why they have to suffer.

But will it really ease our mind to know the answer behind everything?

Or will it only overwhelm us?

The wind blew coldly at the empty field of a school building. Some part of it was demolished and some are blocked for anyone to not enter because of the burning incident that happened a long time ago — it was your old school.

A marble rock stood firmly in a distance. It was backed up with wooden fence in case a trespasser pass by, although it was very impossible since the world is too shattered for anyone to make fun of it.

This thing is highly valuable because it is the list of students of the school who are either missing or injured since the last time the fire happened and the terrifying news spreaded.

Amidst the silence, soft footsteps thumpered against the soil.

The heels of the stranger's shoe dug occasionally.

The impossible and weird thing the school administrators believe won't happen, happened.

The woman destroyed the fence, passing by with her odd cape that almost hang up on the small screw.

She stood blankly infront the marble rocks where name lists are sculptured. She was wearing a mysterious hood over her head and an over all expensive clothes, covered with the cape.

A small sigh escaped her lips tinted in red, "Poor thing, and stupid people. Why are you listed here? Did they actually thought you're a human?"

She gently raised her hand and pulled out her pointer finger. The lady tapped the rock, creating some tapping sounds.

She suddenly started scraping the name, pieces of the marble stand filling up her fingers.

After her job was done, a smirk applied on her face.

The name that was existing seconds ago and was now scratched: Lee Y/N.

~~~

Chenle and Jisung opened their eyes in sync.