[55]

c h a p t e r - f i f t y f i v e

"Mark, where are you- Ow." You flinched when someone's shoulder bumped into you too hard for you comfort.

Mark wanted to check upon you but he know he can't stop in the middle of the crowd. Instead, he increased his speed with your hand tightly holding his'.

He did a swift turn and then shoved anyone who blocks his way and everyone infront of the door towards a bathroom, specifically for girls.

It slightly take you aback to see him be like that. He was always careful towards anyone and a little more gentle, especially visible when he is with Donghyuck who is reckless. But you can't change the fact that he can be extremely aggressive; he and his brothers will always be.

Mark turned into a softie the moment he turned to you. He gently pushed you inside before proceeding on slamming the door close.

The next thing you heard were yells and screams — chaos.

You fiddled with your fingers while looking at Mark who's closing his eyes and leaning his back at the locked door. "What is happening? They tried to.. poison me?"

"I don't know, too. But we already expected it." Mark breathed so heavily still with eyes closed. He wanted to rant so much that it is always possible for them to do this because you are here but there's no way he wants to offend you, even if he knows you'll not get offended and mature enough to understand it. He'll never try.

You watched him quietly until you got the courage to approach him, touching his arms softly. "Are you okay? Do I need to do anything?"

A short smile appeared in his face while he carefully opened his eyes. "I am oka- What's that on your shoulder?"

You hastily looked on your right side and flinched to see a slight bruise on it. "This is nothing-"

Both of you almost stumbled when Mark groggily approached you. He threw both his arms on yours and looked at you in the eye with all worries on it.

"Tell me, did you eat the dessert? Or even taste it with a little amount? That's a poison, and this might be one of the side effects and I swear if you did I'm-"

"Mark, I didn't." You calmly tapped his hands that was unknowingly pressing too hard. "Remember someone bumped into me earlier? It was too hard so it got slight bruise from the contact."

"Dang it." He growled.

Instead of talking about this topic, you instead peeked behind his back where a closed door stands. "What's happening outside?"

"Everyone is probably being a mess." Mark bit his lip. "We just have to stay here until one of them knocked."

"Sicheng.." You breathed. "He.. He took the dessert.. He couldn't heal himself immediately because I was holding him.. How- What-"

"No, no. Calm down." Mark stroked your hair before hugging you tightly. "There's no need to worry. Hyung probably healed himself by now."

"But-"

"Y/N, breathe." Mark adviced with his own voice shaking. "Panicking will make us confused and lost, breathe."

And so you did, trying your best to ignore the chaos happening outside

After minutes of silence with him, loud knocks echoed on the place. You immediately peeked behind his back then worriedly look at him.

"It's me, Johnny." A muffled voice said.