7. Celebrations

"I have an announcement to make." Baron Magnus said. 

     "Do you know what he's going to say?" Alisa looked at Lars as she took his hand. 

   "Nope, he's keeping his mind blank, I can't read it?" Lars squeezed her hand gently. 

     "As you all know, I am the Dracas clan leader. But, I am stepping down from that role and giving it to my son, Lars." Baron Magnus announced, gesturing to his son who stood stunned. 

    All the heirs, the members of the Dracas clan and even the Elders were clapping and cheering. Conte Claudio was nodding his approval. Didn't he say himself that Lars has the strongest mind he had ever come across? 

 "What?" Lars whispered, "Why? I would only become a clan leader if something happened to you. I don't understand." He added, confused.

    "You are ready, Lars. I will still be around to help and guide you, but you will lead the clan. I've seen how you've handled the question about the rubies tonight, you're going to be a great leader." Baron Magnus said, as he took the three rubies off his neck and placed them around Lars's neck. 

   Lars looked at his father and smiled. "Thank you, I won't let you down." He promised. 

  "I know you won't." Magnus gave one of his rare smiles as he clasped Lars's shoulder. Turning to face everyone else, "I give you Lars, the new Baron of the Dracas clan!" He declared. 

    Everyone clapped and cheered. 

  "You'll be great, I just know it." Alisa smiled at Lars. 

 "Thanks." He smiled back before pulling her into a kiss.

    The other heirs hooted and whistled while the Elders looked shocked, except for Magnus, he seemed amused. 

     "Alright, alright, break it up you two. Save it for later." Malcolm grinned pulling then apart, "Right now, we need to celebrate!" 

    Everyone else agreed.

  "Shadows, Elders and Heirs! Let's get everything ready! Tonight, we celebrate!" Magnus commanded.

  "Have you ever been to a celebration?" Lars wrapped his arms around Alisa's shoulders from behind and leaned his head on her shoulder.

   "No, not really, why?" Alisa turned her head so the she could see him.

   "Cause you're going to have the time of your life tonight!" Lars smirked at her before giving her a kiss on the cheek. 

          🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹

    Alisa was having the time of her life. 

  She, Ivy, Inger and Fanny were laughing and dancing while Joanne was with Tammo, Luciano and Seymour who were playing with Lars, Malcolm and Nicu. 

   "You know, I wish we had celebrations every night!" Ivy giggled. 

 "I know! This is so fun!" Alisa laughed. 

    Alisa weaved her way through the crowds, searching for her mum when someone stopped her.

   "I believe I owe you an apology." Magnus started.

  "What? No, no you don't." Alisa looked confused.

    "Yes, I do. I was wrong about you. And I'm sorry." Magnus apologised.

    "It's alright," Alisa smiled, "We jump to conclusions. And I'm sorry too. I didn't mean for you to get hurt."

   "It's not entirely you're fault, but if it puts your mind at rest, I forgive you. I've already gotten a dozen apologies from Calvina. I know you didn't mean it. And, thank you for bringing me back to my son and for saving him." Magnus shook her hand, "Now, enjoy your time! Celebrations don't come along very often. And I'm happy for both you and Lars." He gave her a rare smile.