11. London

"Welcome to London!" Malcolm announced, as their ship docked in the river Thames. 

  "Wow!" All the other heirs gasped. 

     "Now, you may roam around London, but don't stray to far away from the ship. And stay together. I will be taking the box with me to hide and we'll meet back up soon." Sir Milton said. 

  "Malcolm, Lars, you're both in charge of the others." Conte Claudio said.

  "You're not coming with us?" Alisa asked.

"No, we've decided to stay on the ship till Sir Milton comes back." Dame Elina explained. 

   "Alright, get your coats and clear off!" Audrey waved them away, smiling. 

  Excited, the heirs raced below deck to grab their coats.

    "I can't believe the Elders are allowing us to explore part of the city on our own!" Ivy grinned.

   "I know!" Alisa agreed, squealing.

 "Come on! Let's go! I want to explore the place." Tammo whined.

    "We're coming, Tam!" Alisa laughed.

 "Don't forget your umbrellas, it's only an hour or two till dawn, and we don't know how long we'll be out for." Malcolm instructed. 

  Finally, they were all ready and were about to head out.

  "Shall we?" Lars asked, as he offered Alisa his arm.

 "Yes!" Alisa laughed.

           🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹

   "Wow!" 

 "That's Buckingham Palace, where the Queen lives. Queen Victoria has just come back from another estate after mourning the death of her husband." Malcolm explained. 

  "Come on, we can go to the park. At least there'll be some form of shade there, even though we have umbrellas to shade us." Malcolm said.

  "Where in London do you live?" Luciano asked.

 "I live on an estate just outside London." Malcolm replied. 

     "How big is your estate?" Tammo asked.

   Alisa watched as Luciano, Tammo, Joanne and Seymour ask Malcolm questions as they surrounded him.

   She had seen a huge change in him after the human red ordeal. He became like an older brother to the younger heirs and protected them. 

   "Yeah, I've seen it too." Lars agreed, reading her thoughts.

  Alisa looked at him. "Sneaky, you're reading my thoughts again!"

   "Perhaps..." Lars grinned.

  Alisa shook her head in amusement.

   "So, you seem to get along with my mum." Alisa noted.

  "Yeah! She's very nice... you know, she's been mothering me since that evening she thanked us. It's quite nice having someone do that. I mean, yeah Karen did that as well, took care of me and raised me after my mother passed, but, since she's a Shadow, she couldn't do much at the time. But, since coming on the Elisabetha, she's done a lot. But, it's also nice to have someone else mother you for a change." Lars mused.

   "That's nice to know," Alisa smiled, "You know, when you got taken, Karen was really worried about you. She refused to stay in Norway while some of us went after you."