1. Escape from the Redmasks

A/N Since most people probably haven't watched Heirs of the Night, I'll probably start at the very beginning and write most of episode 1 and maybe half of 2. What I do suggest is that you probably watch all of season 1 in order to understand, but it's up to you. I'm not forcing you to watch it. You can find it on CBBC iPlayer and tinyzonetv.to 

   Also, in this chapter there is a word that I really hate hearing and that I would never say. But since it's only used once in the season, I'll use it. It's in German anyway, so....

   Some words in this chapter are going to be in German...

        🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

   Year: 1889

   Hamburg, Germany.  Home of the Vamalia Clan.

  Alisa Von Vamalia paced slowly in the room she shared with her younger brother, Tammo.

    "Kamm...comb. Zufall...coincidence. Schloss...castle. Kamm...comb. Fluch...curse." Alisa said, practising her English. She looked up to see Tammo playing with some wooden horses.

     "Shouldn't you be practising your English?" She asked.

   "Hmmm?" Tammo turned, knocking over a vase which smashed.

      "Scheiße!" Tammo gasped dropping to his knees as he started putting the broken pieces under the carpet.

    "That's Grandmother's gift from Sir Milton!" Alisa exclaimed, helping him.

   "She's got three!" He said, "She's not going to miss one."

   "Alisa! Tammo! Mittagessen ist fertig!" Someone called.

     "Ich komme!" Tammo called back, scrambling to his feet and leaving Alisa behind to finish up to cleaning.

   "What?!" Alisa protested, groaning as she quickly finished putting the pieces under the carpet.

 She quickly followed her brother and sat at the table.  A bowl full of red liquid was placed in front of her.

     "Ho, tor, tor, tor! All we ever eat is red." Alisa grumbled. "Why can't we go out and eat somewhere?" She asked, a hopeful look on her face.

   "Really?" Tammo looked at her a matching look on his face before it turned into a bored look. "Can't we just skip that question for one night? Just one night." He turned back to his food.

    "Just eat it, Alisa. Not everything has to be a battle." Their shadow, Hindrik, said.

  A chime like noise sounded and Alisa turned to see where it was coming from. 

    "What's with our ruby?" Alisa asked, turning to Hindrik.

  "My hearing hasn't faded, unlike everything else. It's a message from the Dracas Clan. They've been sending messages the last couple of days." Alisa's grandmother, Dame Elina Von Vamalia, said. 

    "Couldn't it be important?" Alisa asked, walking over to her grandmother.

"There's nothing about the Dracas that interests me. They've done enough harm to this family." Dame Elina said, looking up from her book.

   "Yes, grandmother." Alisa said, looking away.

 "I think I need some rest, now." Dame Elina said, holding out her hand. Hindrik came and helped her up.

   "If necessary, you can wake me up... next year." She said and they were gone. 

        🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹