8. Changes & Plans

Alisa stepped out of her coffin. 

She immediately noticed that the others were already up since their coats were gone.

   She got dressed and went outside. 

 "Hey! What's going on?" Alisa asked as she approached her friends. 

   "Nothing much, just waiting for breakfast." Tammo said. 

 "Where's Lars?" Alisa asked, looking around.

   "Already can't stand being more than a few minutes without him?" Ivy teased, nudging her best friend.

  "It's not that, I'm just wondering." Alisa rolled her eyes.

  "He's in the Royal Hut, with the other Elders, having a meeting about certain things." Joanne said, as she stroked Easy. 

    "Really? What on? Anything specific?" Alisa asked. 

 "Don't know, they've been in there before the rest of us had gotten up." Malcolm shrugged.

              🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹

  "And why can't Shadows love each other?" Lars demanded, crossing his arms. 

    "Because! It has been like that for decades!" Audrey spoke up.

   "So? What has that got to do with it? For decades, the clans have been hostile to each other. But now look where we are now. Why can't we change that too? The Shadows have to live through eternity without loving someone." Lars argued.

   The Elders were silent.

 "But what will happen if we do that? Change that law?"

   "Look, if you were a Shadow and found someone you loved, wouldn't you want to face the blood-born vampires so that you could be together? If we give them this privilege, they would be happier and wouldn't go about thinking that being a Shadow is bad." Lars scowled. 

    The Elders looked at each other. He had a point.

"Okay, we will allow Shadows to love each other." Conte Claudio spoke up for all of them.

  "Good, I'll inform someone of that afterwards. Now, about Ivy -" Lars began. 

  "Ivy? She's a Shadow, what more do we have to talk about her?" Audrey cut in.

    "Not only is she a Shadow, she's been chosen to be the next Noaidi." Lars said firmly. 

  "What?" Dame Elina gasped.

    'Here we go again...' Lars thought, sighing. His father, reading his mind, sniggered. 

  "Look, don't ask how or why Ivy's been chosen to be the next Noaidi because I don't know! I wasn't with them when she was. But, she's been chosen and that's the end of it." Lars gritted his teeth. 

  "Well then, that's the first." Sir Milton raised his eyebrows but said no more. 

  "Conte Claudio," Lars spoke to the Nosferas leader, "May I ask something?"

    "Why, yes of course! What is on your mind?" Conte Claudio looked a bit surprised.

  "Will the... will the school be starting up again?" Lars asked.

    "I believe so. We have planned to stay in Norway for a couple more days to just relax before we head to England to drop off the box with the Rubies at the Vyrad's home. We'll stay there a day or two before moving on the France. We will continue the school." Conte Claudio said.