Chapter 10: Feelinging 🌸🔪

[ a/n: trigger warning for hospital like equipment, such az H1Vs, h34rt m0n1t0rs, n33dles, ect ect ]

ᶠᵉᵉˡ·ⁱⁿᵍ/ˈᶠēˡⁱᴺᴳ/ⁿᵒᵘⁿ¹.ᵃⁿ ᵉᵐᵒᵗⁱᵒⁿᵃˡ ˢᵗᵃᵗᵉ ᵒʳ ʳᵉᵃᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ."ᵃ ᶠᵉᵉˡⁱⁿᵍ ᵒᶠ ʲᵒʸ"ᵃᵈʲᵉᶜᵗⁱᵛᵉˢʰᵒʷⁱⁿᵍ ᵉᵐᵒᵗⁱᵒⁿ ᵒʳ ˢᵉⁿˢⁱᵗⁱᵛⁱᵗʸ."ʰᵉ ʰᵃᵈ ᵃ ʷᵃʳᵐ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶠᵉᵉˡⁱⁿᵍ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ"

Himiko's head throbbed as she sat up, fully awake. She had a bad feeling. Bad bad bad feeling in her head. In her heart. Tenko had been gone from her side for a few hours while she slept. Too long. Himiko didn't know this part, but she still worried. All she knew was that Tenko was gone. Too long. Lonely. Lonely and lonelier and loneliest Himiko felt.

"...Nyeeh," The small redhead muttered, looking around the room. She had a clearer vision of the room. To her side was a heart monitor, and an HIV. 

𝘉𝘦𝘦𝘱.... Himiko heard the heart monitor sputter, 𝘉𝘦𝘦𝘱....𝘉𝘦𝘦𝘱....𝘉𝘦𝘦𝘱...𝘉𝘦𝘦𝘱..𝘉𝘦𝘦𝘱. She could tell the spaces in between were getting shorter and shorter. Anyone could, really, if you had good hearing. She rose, stumbling a bit on her own feet. She needed to get to Tenko. That's all that filled her mind, Tenko Tenko Tenko. 

Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko. 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶?

Himiko called for the doctor, leaning on the hospital bed. A nurse came, instead. She was a small woman, a brunette. She had bright green eyes with freckles that stood out on her face. The collection of freckles gave even more color to the nurse's rose cheeks. Standing out on her white uniform, were black letters on a white pin. 'H. Sichimiya'. Tenko would've liked her if she were there to see her. Himiko mustered a smile, "..Hi..Do you know where Tenko is? Tenko Chashibara."

Sichimiya's high pitched voice filled the room, "Oh!" She piped, "The guest in your room? She left  a while ago to go shopping. I could call her, if you'd like." Himiko nodded aggressively.

"Call her, please."

The nurse left the room, and suddenly a fist of anxiety clamped around Himiko. Chills started at her toes and all the way to her face, causing her nose to twitch. Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko Tenko. She had to be okay.

The nurse returned to the room and smiled. "Ms. Chashibara said that she's still in the store, and to tell you to get rest and not to worry. She says that, and I quote, 'Tenko is on the job! With your everlasting spell of protection, I'll be okay! I promise!'"

Himiko flushed a bit. She had forgotten that Tenko made a comment on Himiko's magic. It was distant in her memory, but she could hear Tenko's voice..

"Thank you," Himiko nodded, not looking at Sichimiya. She ran the recording of Tenko's voice over and over again in her head, "..You being here is like a constant strength spell.." Himiko smiled, muttering Tenko's words.

-- 1zt perzon tenko pov, 30 minutez ago --

𝘉𝘜𝘡𝘡! 

My phone rang, buzzing in my pocket. I took it out and accepted the call, reluctantly, "Hello? Who is this?"

"Oh," I heard a high pitched voice echo into my ear, "This is the hospital. You were in Ms. Yumeno's room earlier, and she was wondering if you were okay."

"Ah!" I exclaimed, smiling, "Oh yeah! I'm okay! Tell her to get rest and not to worry about me!! I'm fine!! Tenko is on the job! With her everlasting spell of strength, I'll be okay! I promise!"

I could almost hear the woman smile from the other side of the phone. She chuckled, "Okay. She'll be here."

𝘉𝘜𝘡𝘡.....

And then I hung up. But something kept going through my head. A dizzying thought. I felt my face light up and my stomach flutter. I felt like screaming in glee.

𝘏𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘦?!

-- 3rd perzon ab an hour l8r --

Himiko lay in the hospital bed, snoring lightly. There was a knock at the door, waking her up.

"Hey? Himiko??" Tenko called from the other side of the door, "Can I come in?"

Himiko shot up, and smiled, "Yeah..!"

Tenko opened the door and looked at Himiko first, (Her eyes, more specifically,) before examining the room. She gave a goofy grin, her cheeks flushing a bit. "Hii! How are you?? What's up???"

Himiko began to fiddle with her hair, "..H-Hi Tenko..I'm okay..I was sleeping, waiting for you to come back..I got lonely."

Tenko squealed, and ran in for a hug. Himiko was shocked, but gladly accepted the hug. Tenko felt all warm and fuzzy with Himiko's head on her chest, arms wrapped around her. Himiko squeezed tigher, as if to say, 'I don't want to let go.' 

"I'm here now," Tenko stroked Himiko's hair, assuring her, "Don't be lonely, I'm here."

Himiko looked up at Tenko and smiled, "I won't be..! I can cast a spell to ensure that," Himiko broke away, and made some entertaining motions with her hands. "'Till the day she dies, she will remain by my side. Lonely, a word with no meaning, a bad feeling, feeling feeling.." She recited. Tenko squealed again, and ran in for another hug. This time she picked up Himiko, moving the HIV a bit. 

Himiko laughed, and Tenko stroked her hair once again. "They're discharging you tomorrow..I won't leave your side, even after they do, okay?"

Tenko could barely hear a slight "Okay.." from Himiko. She buried her head into Tenko's uper chest, a feeling of safety replacing the anxiety.