-Chapter 1-

-Denki pov-

I open my eyes and instantly regret it. The sun was shining through my window and straight onto my face. I sit up and groan, clutching my head, I feel something sticky, I pull my hand back and gasp. I jump off the bed, all tiredness forgotten, and run into the bathroom and look in the mirror. What I saw almost made me scream. Pale and lifeless golden eyes, with messed up yellow hair, ruffled in almost every direction. On the right side of my face, my hair is stained red, and there is blood dripping onto the floor. I quickly get the first aid kit and start to clean up the wound, while washing the blood off, memories of what happened last night come back to me.

"USELESS, WEAK, PATHETIC" my so called father screams at me. I tremble in the corner of my room while he continues to shout at me. "LOOK AT ME YOU FUCKING SLUT" he yells, I look up slowly, still trembling. His ice blue eyes seem to make me freeze, unable to move. He holds his empty beer bottle above his head, he's speaking but I can't seem to hear him, I just stare up at the bottle in fear. Before I could even process what was happening, he had left and I was on the floor slowly drifting into unconsciousness, broken bits of glass, the last thing I saw before darkness.

I wince touching my head again, without all the blood, you could clearly see where the glass pierced my skin. The glass must've fallen out while I was unconscious, which means the wounds weren't deep enough to leave a permanent scar. I put on my school uniform and style my hair so it will cover the mark. I go back to my room and pack my bag, I look at the razor on my bedside table and can't help but be tempted. I shake my head and grab my headphones and jump out of the window, running towards the bus stop.

*time skip to school*

-Still Denki pov-

I plaster on my usual grin and walk into the classroom. "DENKI KAMINARI WHY ARE YOU SO LATE" Mina yells at me, making everyone turn their heads towards me. I roll my eyes, "I'm not late, I'm like, 5 minutes early" I retort while walking over to her and the rest of the bakusquad. "Sup Kami'' Kiri greets me, before returning to his argument with Bakugo. "What are they arguing about this time?" I ask Sero. "Honestly, not sure, I basically just got here" Sero replies, smirking at them. I look at Bakugo, about 10 seconds until he explodes, luckily for everyone's eardrums, Mr Aizawa enters the classroom.

Everyone takes their seats, I glance around and see that Mineta isn't here, I'm honestly happy, that guy sucks. "As some of you may have noticed, Mineta isn't here today" Mr Aizawa says in his usual monotone voice, "all the teachers agreed that Mineta doesn't deserve to be a hero and he has been expelled." While all the girls cheer, I hear Mr Aizawa saying "thank god," I smirk, Mineta had it coming. "Why are you smiling Kaminari, isn't Mineta your partner in crime." I turn around and see Jirou sneering at me. (I'm making Jirou a bitch, sorry not sorry) I sigh, "I hated Mineta as much as everyone else here" I say turning back to our teacher. Eventually everyone quiets down, seeing that Mr Aizawa wasn't finished. "We have found a student who will replace Mineta, please welcome him" he says and then collapses on the floor, already starting to sleep. I look at the door to see our new classmate along with everyone else.

A guy with purple hair and eye bags walks past Aizawa as if he is used to it. I look at him more closely, isn't he the guy from the sports festival. "Good morning everyone, my name is Shinso Hitoshi, and I'm not here to make friends" and with that he stalked to his seat, shooting me a glance as he walked by. Wow, even Todoroki wasn't that cold at the start of the year, I kept smiling my fake smile and decided I want to become friends with him. I looked at the front, trying to focus, well, it's stupid to even try.

*time skip to the end of the day*

-Again Denki pov-

I say goodbye to the bakusquad and look at my watch, shit, class ended late, I have 10 minutes to get home. I clearly look panicked because Shinso comes up to me and asks if I'm alright. I tilt my head slightly, it's kinda cute that he's worrying about me. I do my best fake smile, "yeah, I'm okay dude, just have to get home early" I say in my usual cheerful voice. Shinso stares at me for a few more seconds and sighs, I take it as a sign that I can go. I turn away but then Shinso grabs my arm, "I know you're faking a smile, and I'm going to find out why" he says, before turning and walking off. I stare at him, dumbfounded, I start to panic, how could he see through my mask, the very mask that my friends can't see through?! I take a couple of deep breaths, trying to calm myself down, I'm sure that was some kind of prank, even if he knows my smile isn't real why would he care? I look down at my watch, SHIT, I wasted ten minutes, my dad is so gonna kill me. I start running, faster than I have ever run before, towards my house.

Wow, almost 1000 words, I'm tired. Sorry if it's all shit, next chapter will have more angst. Remeber to drink water, to eat food, and to fucking sleep, you need sleep more than you need fanfiction. Probably should take my own advice though, anyways, sorry for my shitty writing skills and sorry that I keep mentioning it, any criticism you have, please tell me and thanks for reading this!