-Chapter 7-

A/N: When something is in italics, it's either denki dreaming, a flashback or the voice in his head, you can usually tell by context :)

-Denki pov-

I walked out of school, why did you forgive Shinso, he clearly just wants to use you again. I sigh, this stupid voice is back. Shinso said sorry and he didn't take control of me when I talked. Only because he wants you to trust him, that way he can control you again. He's my friend, he wouldn't do that, I trust him. And that's how you'll end up spilling all your secrets to him, he's going to tell everyone, he's going to give everyone more proof that you're a freak, a mistake. I clutch my head, desperately shaking it, Shinso won't do that, I know he won't. If you knew he wouldn't then why did he do it without warning?

I clutch my head harder, stumbling down an alleyway, I look up and realise my vision's blurry. I finally feel the tears streaming down my face, my nails slowly and painfully digging into my skull. I'm aware of the pain, the agony, but still the voice won't shut up, it's screaming at me. Telling me I'm stupid, that I'm gullible, that I shouldn't trust Shinso, that he's going to betray me, that everyone's going to betray him.

I face the wall in front of me, I put my hands on the cool brick wall. I slowly brung my head back and brought it quickly forward to hit the wall. I recoiled, it hurt like hell, but the voice was quieter. I went back to the wall and did it again. My vision turned fuzzy but the voice was silent, I couldn't hear it. I smiled, and practically collapsed, leaning against the wall, I blinked a few times, trying to get my vision back to normal.

I laid there for a bit longer, barely keeping myself from falling into unconsciousness, again. I stood up and regretted it, the world spun around me and put my hand on the wall trying to balance. I slowly and carefully walked out of the alley and looked around trying to find where I was. I squinted at the street sign, wait, that was my street, which means my house should be this way. I started walking, well stumbling, while holding onto fences as something to stabilize me.

I reached my house and pushed open the door, praying that my father wasn't awake. I walked up the stairs as quickly as I could and quietly opened and closed my door. I looked at my bed and for once, sleep seemed appealing. I fell onto my bed and closed my eyes. As I felt my mind finally beginning to fade, I realised, and not for the first time, that it would be so much easier if I didn't have to deal with this, if I just left. I smiled, I'm going to do it, tomorrow, one more day, and then, I would finally be happy.

Okay, this is worse than the previous chapter. I'm sorry, I really had to rush this, I'm honestly thinking of taking a break, trying to write a chapter and coming up with ideas just stresses me out. I don't understand how some people are able to do this so easily, but yeah, I'm going to be taking a break, I don't know for how long, I might be discontinuing this as well. Sorry if you actually started to like this, who knows, I might suddenly have some motivation or inspiration to write another chapter. But for now, I'm gonna leave writing behind. Thank you for all the support, it really meant a lot to me, stay safe, wear a mask, eat, drink, and if you want to vent, my dm's are always open. See ya, ily <3