-Chapter 2-

-Denki pov-

I turn a corner and end up right in front of my house, panting like a dog. I look at the driveway and see my mum's old car, I glare at it, as if it can bring my mum back. I sigh, better get this over and done with, not like it's gonna hurt any less if I stall. I walk up to the door and consider knocking, I scoff, believe it or not, it's my house too. I open the door and I'm immediately pulled by the collar and chucked halfway across the hallway. My dad slams the door and glares at me, he starts walking towards me, a small part of me tells me that I should run, hide, do anything, but I learnt to block out that voice long ago. I just stare dully at the floor, as my dad stops right in front of me and pulls me up by my hair.

"Why are you late, you idiot" he sneers at me, his breath smells like alcohol, he's drunk again. "C-class e-ended late" I stutter, trying to avoid his gaze. To my surprise, he drops me, I look up at him. That was a mistake, a big mistake, I suddenly found myself unable to move, dammit, he used his quirk on me. "Why do you even bother going to school anyways" he says as he starts kicking me, "you're pathetic, you're so dumb, why do you even try in school, not like you're gonna end up anywhere." He starts to kick me harder, I soon hear a crack from my ribs, I want him to stop, I can't take it anymore, it soon becomes a struggle to breathe. Black spots crowd my vision, as everything slowly fades into black, I can't help but think, I should've knocked.

I wake up with a sharp intake of breath, I wince and hold my stomach, right, my dad basically broke my ribs. I walk up the stairs as quickly as I can, which isn't very quick. I walk into the bathroom and grab bandages, they won't be much help, but it's all I can use for now, I'll go to Recovery Girl in the morning. I finish tying them and realise I still have some left, I smile half heartedly, a little won't hurt.

I rummage through the draw I dedicated to razors, trying to find a clean one. I pull out the cleanest one I can find and roll up my sleeves, I undo the dirty bandages and look at my arms. There are so many scars, some are from my dad, but most are from myself. There are big cuts and little ones, there are old ones that have almost faded, and there are new ones that are still red. I push the razors down on my arm, it feels so good, I try to keep count as I move the razor up my arm. 1,2,3,7,10,14,21, I lost count there. I stop and wrap the spare bandages around my arms, just enough, I'm going to need more, I'll buy some tomorrow, I think dully. I go into my bed, and try to get some sleep, knowing it's practically pointless. Another day of hell, maybe I should end it soon, no one would miss me...

Sorry the chapter is so short, I had to rush, I'm in the middle of a free period at school, so yeah. If you are hurting yourself, just know that I'm here to talk if you need someone, although a random stranger may not be want you need. I promise the next chapter will be longer, I'll update as soon as I can. Thanks for reading this, oh and get some sleep if it's past 12am, alright, see ya.