-Chapter 9-

Denki Pov:

The feeling of falling. Of letting go. Just waiting for the sweet release of death. It was the best feeling I've ever experienced. Some people may have closed their eyes. Most people would probably be scared and not want to watch. But I'm different, I always am. I have my eyes open. Welcoming what's about to come. For once in my life I'm happy. I'm more than happy. It's probably only been half a second and I don't even think I'm off the ledge yet. But it feels like years, happy years. It's a feeling I can't see, to describe. Is this what I've held back for doing for so long?

Almost as soon as the feeling had begun it stopped. A disruption in the peace, the happiness I was feeling. I can hear faint yelling, screaming. I hate yelling. It reminds me of my father. And the rest of my family. God, why can't I just be happy? I can't go on anymore. It's too hard to get up in the morning. To actually stay awake for the whole day. And night, thanks to my quirk and school and ADHD. I have to fake everything about me to my friends. They would all hate me if I wasn't my normal, bright and cheery, self.

"ENKI! DENKI! WHAT THE FUCK! ARE YOU OK?" Shinso, I recognize the voice. Why did it have to be him? He was the one person I didn't want to know. Well I don't want anyone knowing. But he's the most important in that department. Why couldn't he let me fall? Better yet, why couldn't he come, like, 10 seconds later. I would've been dead by then. "DENKI FOR FUCKS SAKE ANSWER ME." I flinch, okay that sounded a bit too close to my dad for comfort.

"Yeah yeah, what?" I say, standing up. "WHAT?! YOU JUST FUCKING JUMPED OFF A ROOF THAT'S WHAT!" Shinso yells in response. "Can you not yell, I have a migraine." I reply, avoiding his gaze. "WH-." Shinso takes a deep breath, "why the hell are you acting so calm after that?" He asks evenly. I release a breath I didn't even know I was holding. "Look, I don't want to talk about it." I respond quietly, knowing that won't be enough to satisfy him.

"You don't want to talk about it?!" Shinso replies, I cut him off before he can continue. "Yeah I don't. I have a migraine, I'm tired and I just failed to kill myself. So yeah, I kinda need a break. So can you back off for a bit and interrogate me later or whatever." I know I don't sound like myself. But honestly I can't be stuffed. Besides, it isn't in my normal persona to jump off roofs.

"I-, okay fine, but you're staying at my place tonight. In case you try again." Shinso reasons, I open my mouth to argue but then I realise he has the power to tell anyone what happened. "And it's a Friday so your parents shouldn't argue." Shinso adds. (A/N: I have no idea if it's a Friday but too bad, now it is) Oh fuck. My dad. He's gonna be so pissed if I don't come home tonight. But what can I do to argue at this point?

"Okay fine. But I have to go back home to get my stuff and tell my dad that I'm going to your place." I say, can this conversation just end already? "Sure, I'll walk you to your house then." "NO. I-I mean, no, it'll be fine, I don't need an escort back to my, uh, home." I stutter, shivering at the fact that I used the word home. That place is not my home. "Unfortunately for you Kaminiari, I believe you DO need an escort. Which I'm gonna be, whether you like it or not." Shinso replies, I can feel him taking in everything that I do. I have to stay calm. He can't know anymore than he already does.

"Great, how fun. Now if you don't mind, I do have to get back to class before my grades drop even lower." I say annoyed. Shinso puts a hand in front of me when I try to walk to the door. I look up at him, what now? "I think you have a decent excuse to leave classes for the rest of the day." He says. I roll my eyes, seriously, I have Art and English, the only two classes I like. No way am I skipping them. I shake my head in response and keep walking. Brushing his hand aside. "Fine, but I better see you this afternoon." Shinso yells after me. I wave my hand in response, heading downstairs to art class.