-Chapter 4-

-Denki pov-

I was still lost in my thoughts by the time the bell rang, my friends had already left the classroom, assuming I had stayed behind to ask Mr Aizawa about my grades, which sucked. In truth I hadn't realised that the first period was over. I was panicking, trying to think of a good excuse for my arms, even better, an excuse to not do training at all. "Kaminari, hey Kaminari" someone snapped their fingers in front of my face. I tensed, remembering what happened when my father did that to me, I didn't look up, fearing what would happen if I looked whoever they were in the eyes.

"Kaminari, are you okay?" I recognized the voice, Mr Aizawa. He asked me if I was okay, I almost scoffed, why would he care? "Kaminari?" Aizawa said again, clearly worried, I took a deep breath, this was probably going to end up looking suspicious. I jumped up out of my seat, clearly startling Aizawa, "I'm fine Mr Aizawa, just got lost in my thoughts, sorry" I said brightly. Aizawa quickly changed his surprised expression into one of suspicion, just as I thought. "Are you sure, you were trembling and not responding to anything, I don't believe that's normal" he said, his voice betraying a hint of concern. Great job Denki, you somehow managed to get your teacher worried about you, god, you're pathetic. I tried to shake that voice, that stupid voice, out of my head, it wasn't the time for this.

"Well, I guess I'm not normal!" I say brightly, at least I'm not lying this time. Aizawa still looks suspicious, but clearly gave up on interrogating me, "alright, I'll see you in our next class" he says, and starts to turn away.. I bend down to pick up my bag. I wince, suddenly aware of the pain in my stomach, shit, I totally forgot about that. I put my hand on a desk for some kind of support, I start to become aware of how difficult it is to breathe. I vaguely hear someone calling my name in panic, but I can't understand a word. I can tell my consciousness is slowly fading away, and soon enough, I've collapsed.

CRASH, I woke up in my cold bed, alone, why was I alone?! Wasn't mummy here with me? Where is she? I started crying, and heard someone open my door. I look up and see my big sister, I continue crying as she hugs me and attempts to calm me down. When I've stopped she pulls me out of her hug, she wants to question why I was crying, I can tell, but before she can ask, I hear another crash. Before even knowing what I'm doing, I run out of my room and down the stairs, almost falling over. I run into the kitchens and look around, I see daddy and mummy arguing. Mummy notices and soon enough daddy notices too, but they don't seem happy about it.

Daddy starts to yell, and he says words that I'm not meant to say, I realise the words are directed at me and I start to cry. What did I do to upset Daddy? Am I the reason he and mummy are fighting? I see daddy get one of the knives he uses to cut meat up, it's a big and sharp one. I see mummy trying desperately to get the knife from him. I see daddy ignore her and throw the knife, heading straight towards me. I close my eyes, and brace myself for the impact, but instead I hear a scream coming from the stairs. I open my eyes, daddy's gone and Nessa is pointing at me and screaming, but where's mummy? I feel something warm touch my hand, I lift it up and see some kind of red liquid, I look down, and blink a few times, before I let out a scream myself.

Suddenly daddy is behind me, clamping his hand over my mouth, he tells me to be quiet, tells me that this is all my fault, tells me that I should've died not her. He tells me he is no longer my daddy, he tells me Nessa is no longer my sister, he tells me that mummy is no longer here. He tells me I can no longer speak to him or Nessa, unless I'm told to. I listen to all of this, still staring at the source of the red liquid, soon enough, dadd- no, my father, gets up and takes my sister upstairs, leaving me to stare at what I've done.

My mummy is there lying in a pool of blood, the knife straight through her neck. I was covered in blood and the worst part about it was, it wasn't mine. I wanted it to be my blood, I desperately wanted it to be me on the floor and not mummy. I wanted to cry, scream, run, or do something. But most of all I wanted to save mummy, but i couldn't, I couldn't do any of those things, because I'm weak adn stupid and pathetic, I'm the reason my mother is dead, I'm the reason she died, it's all my fault and I know it. I started muttering that, I kept muttering that until the sweet release of sleep came, but I could never escape this, not even death could save me now.

I jolted awake, I realised I was crying, I covered my face in my hands and kept crying. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't, I've never been able to scream, I always wanted to, but I never could. I continued to cry, as if that could solve my problems, still I cried, I cried until I couldn't any more. I slowly removed my hands from my tear streaked face, and realised, I wasn't in my room, I wasn't even in my house, I looked around desperately, trying to find out anything that could tell me where I was. I was surrounded by light grey walls, they were empty, there was a bed, it was small, and probably had a terrible mattress, but to me it was the softest thing I had ever touched. There was a bedside table with a glass of water, I stared at it, I hadn't drunk actual water for the past 2 days.

"You know you're allowed to drink water right?" I snapped my head up and looked at the door, someone was standing in the doorway, I squinted, wait, no way, it was Shinso?! I quickly averted my gaze, knowing I was staring, "h-hey Shinso" I stuttered, looking at the floor, it was rude to stare, I would always get punished if I stared at my father, or if I made eye-contact with him that is. "Please, go ahead and drink the water, you probably need it" Shinso said calmly, I tried to not stare at the water, "no, no, it's fine, I don't really need it at all" I say trying to fake a happy tone of voice. Shinso sighed, "fine, but both me and da- I mean Aizawa, would like to know what the hell happened to you." I froze at that, what was I supposed to say? Should I lie, yeah, let's do that. "Actually I'm not really sure, I was hoping you could tell me, ha" I say. I probably passed out from walking to school with a broken rib, yeah, that makes sense doesn't it. Shinso sighed again, "I really was hoping you wouldn't make me do this." I looked up questionably, "do wha-" and then Shinso used his quirk on me.

Hey guys, sorry for the late update, again, I think I'll start to update every weekend, so I don't have to worry about it during school. Sorry if this chapter sucked, I kinda rushed, and now I've also probably rushed the plot too, but yeah, can't do anything about that. I just wanna say, I have gotten more than 10 reads and I think my story has been added to around 5 reading lists, which is 5 more than I was expecting. Sorry if the grammar and spelling sucked, I think auto correct gave up on me. If you have any feedback or ideas, please comment them! Thank you all so much for your support on my shitty writing, and I promise I'll update next weekend. Until then, I hope you have a great week :)